Just A Few Scratches

I look at her body hunched over, masses of long curls covering her pale face eyes close with her long eyelashes on her  cheeks.

"Miss," I whisper softly leaning over to her body, my hand moves her hair away from her neck showing dark red blood sputtering.

My hands grab her pushing the door open, glass shattering. The rain hit my skin harshly as I held her close to my chest.

"You'll be just fine, Miss."

My legs take long quick strides to the woods, my hand moves to her neck pushing my fingers onto her wound.

I look behind me seeing a figure by the car, I narrow my eyes seeing blonde hair in the darkness.

My feet made their way through the wet squishy soil. I held my head high away from her body, swallowing the lump in my throat fighting the urge to taste her.

"Looks like your friend hates me so much that she'll put your life in danger as well, love," I say amusing myself feeling her faint pulse on my fingers thinking of the clogged up pipes that were visible to see on the car.

"Who is this, Marshal?"

"A girl from school."

"Oh, so now you think it's okay to kill a girl and bring her home?"

"I didn't lay a hand on her," I hiss lying her down on the dirty couch.

" Then-"

"I was taking her home and we got in a wreck, okay? Just, shit. Alex, I can't do this, so much blood," I shake my head feeling my teeth stab at my jaw, " I can't."

"You know after years and years, I thought you may be able to cope."

"Well, I fuckin' can't!"

" Watch that mouth," he warns.

" Why did you have to do this to me?"

" Marshal."

" Just fucking forget it."

I pick her frail body up again walking to my room. I hold my breath lying her on the white sheets. I lower my head to her arm running my tongue up it slowly tasting the metallic substance on my lips.

My mouth travels up her arm to her neck, my right hand pushes away her hair pushing my mouth on the wound.

My teeth brush her skin, my tongue flicking the area my eyes closed gripping her tight to me sucking gently feeling the pressure of blood leaking stop.

"Marshal?"

I raise my head licking me lips, her head turns to me her eyes wide, " Marshal . . . what, what are you?"

I stare at her wound seeing the new skin form around the cut. I let go of her body looking her in the eyes, " I'm an Upir.I laugh mentally at how blunt I was, but she asked, so.

Her chest rises slowly, " It doesn't hurt anymore," she whispers moving her hand to her neck.

I nod, " Good, good."

I look away seeing myself in the reflection, my eyes darker full of desire with blood smeared around my mouth. For, why does she not fear me? Aren't I just a beast to her?

"Marshal?"

I look back at her, her pale shoulder showing off by the strap of her light blue tank sliding down. She sits at an angle showing the small scratches on her creamy white cheeks.

"Yes?"

"Don't you like me?"

I stay silent and stare at the wall, my hands move to the collar of my shirt pulling it away some.