30

thirty

"I'm not sleeping in this room!" I all but yelled at Kaius as I took fast, but little, steps out of the room, my body nearly making it through the opened doorway before thick arms wrapped around me from behind, and I was being scooped up into his arms.

Bridal style, I thought bitterly and bit my tongue from saying anything that would anger him even more.

"Yes, you are," he growled into my ear, nipping at my ear lobe lightly, and released my tiny body, throwing me down on the ginormous bed.

My back hit the bed with an 'oof', and I found myself slowly sinking into it, glaring up at him as I watched his big hands head towards the bottom of the bed where the blankets were bundled up at my feet. Noticing the way his upper lip pulled back into a scowl, showing off his perfect white teeth, and I could tell that he wished getting me into bed would be easier than it was turning out to be.

I began kicking violently as soon as he pulled the blankets up into the air, he ended up putting them just under my chin, and ultimately caged me in.

"You cannot do this!" I wiggled underneath the surprisingly heavy covers as I kept my eyes trained on him, huffing as I glared holes into his perfect face. He just shrugged, acting completely unbothered, but the rage in his eyes told me otherwise, the swirling black in his green orbs.

"I can, and I will," he objected and clenched his jaw as he leaned down to get closer to my face, as if he was daring me to defy him again.

That was my third try at escaping.

My first attempt was me telling him that I couldn't sleep in the dress I was wearing, because I had it on for the full celebration and it didn't feel comfortable enough to actually sleep in. Kaius let me change in the connecting washroom while he waited outside, so I slipped on a nightgown, one of many that he already had ready for me because apparently 'he had been prepared for my arrival'. I waited until I heard footsteps heading away from me and then I heard him rummaging through something, which I assumed was the big closet he also had, before I quietly tried to sneak out of the washroom and almost made it to the door, but Kaius was quick to grab me and pull me into his chest.

The second attempt was me complaining that I was thirsty, and demanded a glass of water, but sadly that plan didn't even start because all he had to do was tell Faith to bring up a drink for me through some sort of mind link.

Lastly, the third attempt which was just me running to the opened door, which failed miserably.

After a while, Kaius grew irritated with me, and I figured that I was getting on his last nerve.

Sighing, I kept my eyes on him as they slowly softened, becoming interested in his movements as his hand moved to clutch the back of his shirt and pull it above his head. I watched, gaping at him, as he started to pull off his pants.

"Wait!" I squeaked and quickly closed my eyes shut, my hands trapped underneath the blankets with no way of getting them out to cover my eyes, "My innocent eyes!"

Kaius let out a chuckle as I felt the blankets moving up, enough for me to roll over on my side comfortably, but then I felt the other side of the bed sink down, and I knew that he laid down next to me. My eyes opened to see deep green ones staring back at me, his lips twitching up.