8

eight

Flynn was now sitting next to me, we were in Macia's dining room at her table and Macia herself was still in her shop, sewing and away from the two of us.

Flynn awkwardly slipped on his hat and then looked over at me with an innocent smile on his lips, as if the whole thing was absolutely nothing, "What would you like to know?"

"I'm not entirely sure," I admitted. The only thing I did know was that I needed answers and Flynn seemed to be the one to know them.

"Well, we can continue this tomorrow?" He asked, almost insisting. It was like he wanted me to drop the subject, well, I already knew that. It was obvious. Macia even seemed like she was pushing me to sleep, maybe to try to convince me in the morning that it was all a dream.

"No, Flynn, I really need to know. This whole thing has been so confusing to me and I'm just getting a little upset that I don't know anything," I told him honestly. I've always been out of everything and after a while it grows old.

First, I never understood why I couldn't go outside and then I was being practically shoved out which caused everything to get even more messed up.

Then there was strange noises coming from the forest and Flynn was lying to me about being hurt when I swear he was.

"How about I tell you what was in the forest and you take what you can from that?" He offered.

"Yes," I paused, "yes, that sounds fair." He smiled at my answer.

"Good! You see, Amoret, this place is one of the many human only territories. The forest we were in was kind of like a between area, a free for all, that basically means anyone can go in there," he informed me, leaning back into his seat almost carelessly.

"Even werewolves?" I asked, tilting my head to the side.

"Uh, yeah, even werewolves," he nodded, "anyway, the growls you heard was just from a few rogues."

"What are rogues?" I asked.

"What?" He said, confused and a little shocked from the look of it. He then started to mock Mama and Papa, "You seriously don't know rogues? So, basically, your parents warn you of these so called big bad beasts, but they can't warn you of rogues, the werewolves that are ten times worse than regular wolves who follow the rules? That's just great."

"They're worse than regular werewolves?" I asked and frowned, not bothering to take offence to what he was saying. Rogues would have been a good thing to know of, that I agree with. I bit lightly at my nails, "Mama never told me of them."

"All werewolves are the same, Amoret. They're all vicious creatures full of anger, they're violent and find pleasure in other's pain," Mama's voice popped into my head.

"Much worse. Rogues don't listen, they don't follow rules, they lash out, they always think with their wolf and not their human side, they-"

I lifted up my hand, interrupting him, "Aren't all werewolves like that?"

Flynn frowned, putting his lips into a thin line, "That is not fair, all werewolves are not like typical rogues. Some werewolves can barely kill flies, they could be sweeter than your own mother and you wouldn't even know it."