17

seventeen

"I don't like this," I muttered to myself. As I was running a hand through my thick locks of light blonde I got the sudden urge to pull it all out, ripping at it until it was all gone but instead I ripped off my gloves and attacked my fingers with my teeth.

"Quit picking at your nails!" Mama's words filled my head. I threw my hands away from my face as I hissed, "Why are you always here?"

My hand smacked against the dresser, the sharp corner slicing the side of my delicate, pale hand and I let out a small shriek of pain. I pulled it back to my chest on instinct, ignoring the crimson liquid that dripped onto my dress, most likely staining it.

"Amoret?" The door behind me opened and nearly slammed against the wall with the force it was pushed open with, "I smell blood."

I turned slowly, frowning as I noticed it was Flynn who was standing in front of me, coming in through the door.

The metallic smell wasn't very pungent.

"Are you okay?" He asked me, taking gentle steps closer but I could see the panic in his eyes. "Are you hurt?"

"It's just a small cut," I whimpered, "nothing to worry about."

"Let me see," he demanded, his hands held out and reaching for me as his gaze darkened, "both of them."

I moved backwards, "It's only cut on one, you don't need to see the two of them and besides, it's okay," I reassured, keeping my hands behind my back.

Flynn reached out, grabbing both of my arms and twisted them almost painfully around to show my hands, pulling them up to his face. "Amoret, your hand is practically covered in blood," he growled out, "did you do this on purpose?"

"No!" I exclaimed, squirming in his hold, "I hit it off the dresser, I swear!"

"And this," he nodded towards my nails that were all but gone, "did the dresser happen to bite your nails down to the very quick, huh?"

"Why do you sound so mad?" I cried, tears threatening to spill as I blinked them back, "You keep getting mad at me, I don't understand it."

"Amoret, please," he sighed and let go of my hands, "let's get you cleaned up."

Flynn took me to the bathroom that was connected to the room I was staying in, I never really got the chance to check it out earlier when he dropped me off because I was overthinking my stay. I sat down on top of the toilet while he checked underneath the sink, and he didn't stop until he found a first aid kit.

He moved to be kneeling in front of me, opening up the kit.

"Flynn-" I started but stopped when he poured a cleaning liquid over my cut, "-ow! Flynn that hurts."

"Are you serious?" He laughed, "You just skinned your fingers and you think cleaning your cut hurts? Your pain tolerance is all over the place."

"A little warning would have helped," I muttered, huffing as he continued to grin and shake his head.

He finished up by sticking a bandage over it, "Well, you're going to have to deal with aching fingertips but I'm sure you'll live."