12

twelve

I awoke to the light from the sun shining in through my open window, a slight breeze hitting my face.

What a nice morning, I thought, so peaceful.

I slid out of bed, forcing myself awake and started stumbling my way to the dresser full of clothes, I pulled out a green dress that reminded me of the woods, the colour of dark moss, and threw it on but before I left my room I made sure to do a little twirl in the mirror, watching as the bottom of the dress flared out around me.

Giving myself a nod of approval, I began to head downstairs, feeling the familiar steps against my feet. I slowly entered the shop area, keeping close to the closed off stairway as I peeked my head out, moving it from side to side as I watched for people.

Looks clear, I figured, taking a hesitant step out into the open.

"Hiding from lover boy?"

I jumped up in surprise, my hands flying in the air until both landed against my chest in a weak attempt to calm myself down.

"Macia-" I twisted on my heels, turning to face the woman laughing like a mad man, her laugh loud and hearty, "-you nearly scared me to death!"

"Well, is that what you're doing?" She laughed, causing her black curls to bounce around her face, "I think you're going to have to try harder, Amoret, he's pretty smitten. Actually, he was here not too long ago with a pretty ring!"

"A ring?" I all but shrieked, "He's not going to propose is he?"

"I guess you'll just have to ask him," she winked, hands on her hips as she began walking away from me.

A whole week since that date, and he hasn't stopped talking about another!

I picked up my pace, hurrying after her as she moved swiftly around the shop, disappearing flawlessly through the many racks of clothing. "Please, Macia, tell me you're joking!"

She turned around to face me, both her hands coming up to pinch my cheeks, "Quelle petite fille crédule," she laughed.

"Oh, Macia, why do you tease me so?" I pouted.

"Because it's fun," she answered, grinning from ear to ear. "Now, I have a little job for you."

Macia led me to her designing room, where she drew up the looks she wanted to create and where she would eventually put them together. It was quite remarkable, she was quite remarkable. When you think about her life, she got pregnant young, and she raised her son as a single mother but at the same time she was making a name for herself.

She was very good at her job and it showed through every design she sent out.

Macia was popular in the fashion market, she even sold items to a few high ranked werewolves but that's all the information she would let spill on that topic.

"What do you need help with?" I asked, standing on the tip of my toes as I tried to look over her shoulder, she was towering over her work desk and I desperately wanted to see what she was staring at.