26

twenty six

But satisfaction brought it back.

Oh, most certainly not. The more I stood there and listened, the more fear that had seeped into me, my whole body shaking as I had to hold onto the door to keep me steady.

The man stood there as Luna Rose cowered, visibly shaking as he walked towards her. His height and build could easily intimidate anyone.

Except for Kaius, but Luna Rose is practically quivering at his presence.

Luna Rose tried her hardest to keep away from him, her crying getting louder, tears spewing from her eyes, and she covered her mouth to stop the sobs, as he came closer, taunting her with slow steps, and once she was finally pressed up against the wall with no way to escape, he quit playing around and locked her arm in a tight hold with his hand.

"What are you going to do about it?" He sneered, forcing her up closer to him as he continued, "Huh, mate?"

His voice made my skin crawl, the way he said mate rolled off his tongue in a way that made him sound bored, so forced, it sickened me. He laughed, a cold and sinister laugh, as he pushed her off to the side with all his strength. Luna Rose let out a cry of pain as she landed hard on the floor, her arms that came out to protect her face took the brunt of the force.

"I wish I never met you," she sobbed as she looked up at him, "I wish that I had turned you away, just like I wanted to."

"Maybe you should have," he spoke and watched as she struggled to crawl off the floor in her heels, "but you didn't, did you?"

"I was forced to be with you," she hissed once she got up from the ground, "I should have left with my mate when I had the chance. She was better than you."

He leaned down to face her again, "Be careful what you say, Rose, it's still not too late to get rid of her for good."

My knees shook as I backed up slowly, my hand up against my mouth to stop any sound that could slip from my lips, watching as Luna Rose tried to straighten herself up, to look like she hadn't been just assaulted. She fixed her dress by patting it down and pulling at the right places, combing through her hair one last time before turning to leave and giving me the chance to see her face, her bloody lip and bloodshot eyes.

"And remember, Rose, there was no chance," he said threateningly.

I rushed back to the room, running through the hall, careful not to make any clicking sounds with my heels, until I finally got to the doorway.

"Oh non, oh non, oh non, oh non," I kept repeating over and over until I was back in the crowd, breathing heavily. My eyes searched the crowds for Kaius, but I still couldn't see him.

Large, rough hands grabbed my sides, slamming my back into a hard body and I whimpered at the impact as the man continued to move his face down to be close to my ear. "Where have you been?"

"Kaius!" I squealed and jumped from his hold, to only turn around and throw myself into his arms. "Something terrible has happened," I informed him and wrapped my arms around his neck, his arm holding up my waist so that I could reach.

"Besides the fact that you didn't obey simple orders? I'd rather not run around asking everyone if they've seen a tiny blonde wandering-" Kaius put me down, "-this place is bigger than you know."