Chapter 18

Alex pov

Today is it. Today is the day of my wedding. It's a fairly big wedding. Jade has been on crutches for 2 months and only has one to go but we couldn't wait any longer. It is currently August 4th. She is gonna come down the aisle in a short white dress. She will be on her crutches though but will walk down the aisle with her dad.

I was in a small room of the church. It was a beautiful church. Her family has always been super religious. I was currently having Rian fix my hair because it wouldn't cooperate today.

Jack and Zack were trying to figure out their bow ties. It was quite funny.

It's time

I walked up to the front of the church and waited and watched as Rian walked in with Charity. And as the rest came in.

(I almost said Lisa instead of Jade. Lol whoops. Also I might stan Lisa more than I do Alex but idk)

I waited impatiently for my bride to be walking down the aisle.

Then the minister asks the crowd to stand for the bride to come down the aisle. She's coming. I can't wait. Omg. I'm marrying Jade.

Then I see her. She's got on the prettiest dress. Yeah it may be short and simple but she makes it look so unique and beautiful. Anything she puts on is beautiful.

She's got her arm linked with her David's as he walks her down the aisle. I just can't wait to make her a Gaskarth.

He finally hands her over to me as we start the ceremony.

*time hop*

"You may now kiss the bride" the minister says. I grab her waist and pull her close kissing her while still being careful of hurting her.

Finally we break apart and the crowd starts clapping as we turn and look at them waving.

"The couple would like all of you to join them in the back for their reception." Minister Jim says.

We walk out first with all our bridesmaids and groomsmen following closely behind.

We make our way to the gym in the church which is very nicely decorated. I walk Jade over to a special seat I had set up and I motion for the other three guys to follow me on stage.

They knew I wanted to do this. The song isn't completely done but I know I had to sing it for Jade at our wedding.

"This song goes out to Jade. I always hated when people would steal but I loved when you  stole my heart." I say. I'm so cheesy.

I walk over and grab my guitar and I nod at the guys as they all nod back.

I send her a wink

"This song is called afterglow.

Step outside in the midnight rain
King and queen of the streets again
Got young love running through our veins"

I sing this line while sending Jade a wink (another one)

"And it keeps us numb like novocaine"

I smile my cheesy smile at her

"Alright, we can go all night
'Cause we got a whole lot of fight in us
And I see a long road that we gotta follow
Before tomorrow catches up"

Im a man. Men don't cry. Why am I tearing up.

"Oh, just take it easy
Hold on to this feeling
All our friends are leaving
And we ain't got nowhere to go
Caught up in the afterglow"

I dance around the stage like an idiot while we play a cool poppy instrumental part

"Can't stay here but you can't go home
Did you hear that line somewhere before?"

I look at her just in time to see a giggle escape her lips.

"And you look just fine on your own
But we look better in the afterglow
Alright, we can go all night
'Cause we got a whole lot of fight in us
And I see a long road that we gotta follow
Before tomorrow catches up
Oh, we just take it easy
Hold on to this feeling
All our friends are leaving
And we ain't got nowhere to go
Caught up in the afterglow"

I start to dance like an idiot again. I look over and she has tears running down her cheeks.

"We ain't got nowhere to go
Caught up in the afterglow"

After I sing that line right before the next one starts, a big curtain behind the band opens up overlooking a pasture with the sun setting behind it.

"Oh, we just take it easy
Hold on to this feeling
And no, no, we don't need a reason
'Cause we ain't got nowhere to go
Caught up in the afterglow"

This next part was the hardest part to write. I wasn't sure if it would sound right.

I hand my guitar to Zack and I walk of stage grabbing Jade's hands and pull her up and slow dancing while singing. Obviously supporting all her weight since she is suppose to be on crutches.

"When the lights go down
Come find me in the afterglow
Waiting to be found
I'll meet you in the afterglow
When the lights go down
Come find me in the afterglow
Waiting to be found
I'll meet you in the afterglow"

By the time I got to the end of the song I pull her over to the big window and the sun was down but we were in the afterglow. I just pull her close and watch.

"I love you Jade Gaskarth."

(AN: THIS CHAPTER GAVE ME SO MANY GOOSE BUMPS. I NEED AN ALEX GASKARTH IM CRYING.)