Chapter Twenty-One

As promised x

ask.fm/rubyhannah

--------------------------------------------

"Is this really necessary?" Luke asked as he lay on my bed watching me pack yet another suitcase.

"Well since I'm leaving in less than a week, yes it is."

"Don't remind me." Luke groaned, getting up.

"Look," he said, wrapping his arms around my waist and spinning me around so that we were only inches apart. "Today is Sunday. You said we would relax today and this is far from relaxing." he stated the obvious, gesturing to my half filled suitcase.

"Luke," I tried to argue.

"I promise I'll help you pack tomorrow until I'll be the only thing left in this apartment to take home." he cracked a smile.

"I wish it were like that." I said resting my head on Luke's chest.

"You know I'd come if I could." he spoke in a whisper, kissing the top of my head.

"And you know I'm going to cry if we keep talking about this so let's stop." I warned Luke although I was pretty certain I had cried out every last tear that my body could produce.

"We're going out." Luke distracted me. "How does lunch sound?"

"Lunch sounds great." I took a deep breath and put on my well rehearsed brave face.

----------------------------------

I looked outside the cafe at the tens of fans waiting for Luke to come out then back at Luke. He continued eating his lunch as though nothing was out of the norm. The boys' popularity was ever increasing.

"Doesn't this freak you out?" I asked. Luke looked outside triggering screams and waves as more girls piled out the front. He shrugged.

"Not really, at least not anymore." he told me so accustomed to this hysteria that followed him wherever he went.

"Why? is it freaking you out? I can ask them to leave." Luke flustered.

"No, it's alright. Just as long as they know that you're mine." I chuckled. "For the rest of this week at least." I mumbled. Luke's face fell slightly and I instantly felt bad.

"Where to next?" I plastered on a grin trying to change the subject.

"What about mine? The boys aren't home so the pool will be free." Luke suggested.

"Perfect."

We finished eating and paid for our meal, making our way outside and trying to get through the sea of girls that all wanted a piece of Luke's attention. Shouts and squeals surrounded us, our clothes being grabbed onto by obsessed fans.

Luke stopped in the middle of it all and held out his hand which I instantly grabbed. Making our way faster through the multiplying crowd, we finally reached a cab that was willing to rescue us. We both took a deep breath and collapsed into the backseat. As Luke gave the driver directions I looked outside at the crazy fans who were now tapping in the car windows begging for Lukes gaze. None of this seemed real to me. Luke's world was rapidly changing and I couldn't help feel like I was getting left behind.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

We arrived at his house hot and flustered. Quickly stripping off into our underwear we made our way lazily to the pool. Without a word, we dived in one after the other, swimming to edge to overlook the amazing view. I leant my chin on my arms that held me above the water.