Chapter Fifteen

Ok only a short chapter but I will write the second part of it now and release it in a few days :)

100 votes for chapter 16 <3

http://ask.fm/rubyhannah

--------------------------------------------------------

------------------------ LUKE'S POV ---------------------------

I woke up in Ruby's apartment, my face slightly stinging from last night's events. I looked around for the curly haired girl that I expected to find next to me but had no success.

"So you going to tell me what happened last night?" She walked in the room with a cup full of what smelt like coffee.

"I'd rather not," I sat up, leaning back against the bed head and crossing my legs. Ruby sat down within close proximity making my heart race a bit faster.

"No Luke." she failed to hide her smirk. "You'e going to tell me."

"It's dumb. It was over something dumb." I started to explain. Ruby waited in anticipation.

"Some guy at the bar, I always see around- every event and night out. He started talking shit about my brother and I so-"

"So you hit him?" Ruby implied.

"It was a soft one. Blood nose at worst, and if the officer wasn't there, well, I wouldn't be here." I told her. She didn't look angry she looked almost amused.

"And I'm guessing you had more than enough alcohol in your bloodstream." Ruby teased as she offered me her coffee.

"Plenty," I sighed taking a sip. Ruby laughed and relaxed more on to the bed.

"Well in your defence, it was sweet you stood up for your brother." she smiled. "But next time," she stopped and studied what must have been a black eye, soflty brushing it with her thumb. "no violence." she said more seriously now. Ruby walked into the kitchen and came back with an ice pack wrapped in a tea towel.

"Let's get you home," she handed it to me.

"What's the rush?!" I scoffed, slowly getting out of bed.

"Work and deadlines are the rush." she said exapserated as she grabbed her bag. I quickly got up and found my shirt, pulling it on and following her out of the building. We sat in the car with the radio playing. I could feel my hangover emerge more and more and we got closer to mine. I kept the ice pack pressed to my eye and prayed it would go down, I must've looked a sight. Ruby soon pulled up to the front of my house and if it wasn't for her work, I would've urged her to come inside. I couldn't seem to get enough of this girl, it wasn't the first time either.

"I'll call you soon," she promised before waving and speeding off. Before I even stepped into the house I could her the yells from the other boys. I had a lot of explaining to do.

------------------ ONE WEEK LATER ---------------------

Ruby still hadn't called me from ages ago and I was really worrying. I had stopped myself from going over instead leaving multiple messages and texts- all with no reply. It had been long enough though and I honestly couldn't take it. I grabbed the keys and made my way over to Ruby's. No doubt I sped most of the way there, I was worrying so much and I had no clue why. Finally I arrived, parking and getting as fast as I could into the lift. Running to Ruby's door, I knocked as loud as possible, puffing from exhaustion. Footsteps approached and Ruby cautiously opened the door slightly, checking to see who it was before opening the door fully.

"Hey," she breathed out tiredly, letting me in. Her eyes were puffy and red and I knew something wasn't right.

"What's wrong?" I stressed, pulling her into a hug. It wasn't until she took a step back a few moments later that I realised she was now crying.

"Rubes," I wrapped my arms around her once again, this time she stayed with me.

"I need to go home." she told me. My stomach dropped.

"Home?"

"Home as in Perth." she broke away from my body once again and walked into her bedroom. I followed her even though I feared what she was about to say. Her suitcase was half full and her purse with her passport lay next to it.

"A friend of mine from school was reported missing. She was found yesterday." Ruby said grimly making no eye contact. From the looks of things, the story didn't have a happy ending.

"The funeral's on Wednesday." she sniffed grabbing more clothes and stuffing them in her suitcase as I stood and watched helplessly.

"I've known her since I was six Luke." she sat on the edge of her bed and cried. "I should've kept more contact. Made more effort." she tilted her head on my shoulder as I sat next to her, wrapping my arm behind her limp body.

"Don't regret anything, you can't change what happened." I said. That just made her cry harder. That's when I realised I couldn't send her off to Australia in her state.

"Ruby sit up, hear me out." I whispered, supporting her slumped shoulders as I looked her in the eyes.

"Give me an hour, two at most and I promise I'll be back here before you leave."

"What are you doing?" she fretted as I grabbed her plane ticket for the info.

"Just be ready," I spoke quicker as I realised how soon the flight would be.

"Luke!" Ruby was worrying, following me to the door. I turned around and stopped her in her tracks.

"Please just trust me," I begged, holding her waist in re-assurance. Suprisingly I found her nodding, placing her smaller hands over mine. I leant forward slightly so that my lips could reach her forehead.

"Don't leave without me." I told her sternly before rushing back down to my car.

I had to pack for Australia.

------------------------------------

part two to come..