Chapter Nine

Hi!!! Just a kind of filler chapter. I know I said there wouldn't be an update but I got around to it :) yayyyyyy so anyway keep the competition entries coming in and I'll decide and publish it early October

100 votes for chapter 10 <3

http://ask.fm/rubyhannah

twitter: @ abcdefghijai

-------------------------------------------------------

-------------LUKES POV--------------------

"Hurry up!" Beau called from downstairs. We all came down in a rush, we were going to be late for this opening party we were going to.

"You okay?" I asked Bella as she struggled down the stairs in her heels.

"I'm good." she piped. We all eventually got to the car that was waiting for us at the front of our enormous new home. Beau called out an address to the driver as we took off. I froze. It was Ruby's address. I knew that Bella and Ruby together probably wouldn't be good at all, and the fact that we were hardly talking made it almost torture, especially as there were still feelings involved.
She was waiting out the front when we pulled up. Ruby looked gorgeous as I had to expect, her gold sequin skirt that I easily recognised from her wadrobe.

"Hello!" she said sweetly as she got into the maxi taxi. Everyone greeted her but no words would escape my mouth. "Thanks for the lift," she spoke, still not making eye contact with me.

"Are you going to introduce me or sit there and be rude?" Bella nudged me. I snapped out of my trance and looked over at Ruby.

"Ruby this is Bella, Bella-Ruby." I said flatly. I could feel everyone looking at me in disappointment of my manners. The two girls greeted each other politely and made small talk, suprisingly getting on. I couldn't help but wish it was Ruby that I was taking to the party tonight. Finally we arrived and I was able to space out. Everyone stumbled out of the car and entered the party together. It was crazy busy, I loved it. The atmosphere was wild and it was like another world. From there most of us separated. Skip went hitting on girls and being- well- Skip, and the other boys went around socialising. Bella stayed with me, her unintentional clinginess was getting to be annoying.

I managed to escape to a quiet corner near the pool where I could just sit and observe everything around me. It was great. Until I saw the one thing I didn't want to ever observe again. Ruby was with another guy. She was obviously intoxicated. Her giggles and outgoing movements making it obvious, if she wasn't flirting with someone else I might have chuckled.

"Luke!" Bella whined at me.

"What?"

"I've said your name at least six times and you're just staring into space." she was angry.

"Sorry I was pre-occupied." I said looking over at Ruby once more. She smirked as she rested her hands on the guys chest and the pair got closer, having an intimate convestation. I felt my body tense up.

"Can you just forget about her for one night!" Bella pleaded. She knew how I couldn't get over Ruby, how distraught but still angry I was over her.

"Pardon?" I asked, missing half of what she said.

"I'm going home, I'll talk to you tomorrow." Bella groaned, walking away. I was so busy thinking I didn't even say goodbye. I couldn't let this go on. I had to apologise to Ruby for everything to do with Jake afterall it wasn't her fault- it was all a huge misunderstanding. With a wince, I took a large gulp of my drink and steadily walked over towards where she was, But I was too late. Ruby leant up and kissed him, her arms wrapping around his neck like she used to with me. Just the thought of it hurt, let alone the sight. My night got worse, Ruby took his hand and led him out of the party, on her way home. As much as I wanted to run after her, I knew it wasn't my place. I went back to where I was sitting and ordered another drink. I was going to get absolutely rotten drunk.