15) About That...

Paige's Pov

Once I am done telling Taylor how I managed to fail three classes I didn't want to talk anymore. I don't want to talk about repeating a grade. I don't want to talk about the summer work. Not because I don't want to do it, although that's true I don't, but rather because I don't want Taylor to know about it. I can work on during tour with out her knowing.

"Yep. So I take it we are done here." I say pushing the chair out and getting up planning to hop over to the crutches that Taylor moved further away to make sure I stay seated.

Gosh this fractured ankle and not being able to walk really sucks. I want to be able move when I want to.

"Sit down." Taylor says. "When were you going to tell me about you repeating seventh grade next year and having summer school work?!"

How does she know about that, she isn't supposed to. As I sit down crossing my arms I ask Taylor, "How how do you know about that?". I notice my hands shaking,anxiety.

I really hope Taylor doesn't notice.

"Your foster mother had to tell me about it because not only do I need to make sure you are doing the summer work, you new school has to know about you repeating the grade." Taylor says. "So why weren't you going to tell me?"

"Because you didn't need to know about the summer work. I can do it on my own. And maybe because I don't want to have to repeat the year so I didn't want you to know." I say. "Now I don't have any questions about my new school so I think I am done here."

"No you aren't done here." She says making me annoyed. "let me ask you this, you have had the summer work since the beginning of summer and now it's halfway through the summer, how much of it do you have done?"

"Well I um I." I say stuttering.

What is she going to think about me

"You have three historical fiction books to read and write about. An online science program. And a math workbook. What of it have you actually done without having someone tell you to do it Paige." Taylor says sternly making me more nervous then I already am.

"Um About that ..." I say "I haven't done any of it yet."

"That's what I thought." Taylor says. "Hey look at this your injury will give you more time to work on the school work now."

"Ugh fine." I say. "Are we done now?"

"I am not done with this conversation with you." Taylor says handing me the crutches which makes me confused. "But I think we both need a break to think and calm down."

"Ok." I say heading to my room.

Once in my room I throw the crutches onto the bed. I want to be mad at everyone but I can only be mad at myself.

Saying that I destroyed the bed in anger I am sitting on the floor now. Surprisingly I am a lot calmer now.

I want to text Natalie about everything that happened tonight with Taylor but that's when I realize my phone is still on the kitchen table.

Oh how I hope she isn't one of those people who love to go into other peoples private things.

When I realize my phone is in the other room, I also realize I am calmer and ready to continue to talk to Taylor about me and school.