28)I Won't Tolerate It

Taylor's Pov

It is morning now and I have to go wake Paige up for school.

She insisted on dressing in what she calls the more comfortable uniform. Which is navy blue pants, a gray polo shirt and a sweater. I think she said she wanted to wear her chuck taylors with it too.

I walk slowly into her room. I sit down on her bed and begin to stroke her hair. She tosses and turns before sitting up and rubbing her eyes.

"You are really making me go back?" Paige says. "I can't go back Taylor I can't."

"Honey if you don't go back you let them win." I say. "And you are winning this."

"You don't know how bad it hurts." She says as she lays back down pulling the covers over her face.

"Paige honey I do. I went through the same thing. My mom always told me I couldn't let them win. Now I am telling you."

She slowly takes the covers off her face and sits up again.

"Ok. I guess I will get ready." She says getting up, grabbing her clothes and heading into the bathroom. I get up of her bed and head out of the room.

I grab my phone and sit on the couch. I see that I have a text from Austin.

Hey sis, I was wondering what you guys are doing tonight.

Weird maybe he wants to come over.

Nothing at the moment. Want to come over for dinner? I am making your favorite of mine.

I would love that. I can't wait to talk to Paige about how school is going, and her guitar that you gave her. What time should I come over?

Austin has always been overprotective of Paige since the day I adopted her. He gave her a nickname as soon as they warmed up to each other. He is just always there for her and I love it so much. However if he finds out about what is going on at school and her not wanting me to talk to the school, it isn't going to go well.

How about 6? And just don't talk to Paige about school ok?

6 works and why can't I talk to her about school.

I don't want to tell him what is going on over texting.

It is better if I tell you in person. How about before you come over for dinner instead you and I go get coffee before I have to pick Paige up and I can tell you all about it?

Coffee sounds good. Meet me there at 2. And Taylor you are telling me everything that is happening to my niece. Good or bad.

Ok Aus I will. See you then.

I place my phone down on the coffee table and I hear Paige's bedroom door click to open. She comes out dressed for school but it is evident she doesn't want to go. Who can blame her? Her eyes are still bloodshot red from all the tears she shed last night. She has her fists clenched in her sweater pockets so she doesn't shake.

I get off the couch and grab her backpack. Handing it to her I say, "You ready to go?"

"No I really don't want to Taylor." She says so softly I almost don't hear her.

"If you are anything like me, I'm sorry, but darling it is going to be ok." I say.

She hugs me then. It feels like it lasted for years.

"You know I would stay home with you today. Not make you go, but I have to go to the studio today and then guess who is coming over for dinner tonight?" I say trying to make her happy.