13) She Doesn't Understand Me

Paige Pov

Taylor told me she had to make a phone call in her bedroom. And that I should just sit on the couch and watch friends. So I call Natalie and we begin to watch together. It isn't the same as how it used to be though. Once we finish an episode Taylor is still in her room so Natalie asks me how life has been being Taylor Swift's daughter.

It has set in that I am her daughter. I love her as a mom. Well sometimes she can make me angry but that happens with anyone. What hasn't set in to me yet is that she is a global superstar that is my mother. Maybe at the show tomorrow night it will.

"So how is living with the one and only Taylor Swift?" Natalie asks.

"Um ok." I say.

"Just okay?!" Natalie says surprised. "What have you been up to?"

"Well I went to the studio with her today." I say. "But that's not all that happened."

"Wait she took you to the studio? That's so cool! Yay she is recording new music! Can you tell me about it? And what do you mean that's not all that happened." Natalie says.

"I can't tell you about the music she is recording but she is." I say "and my ankle is also fractured that's what else happened."

"Wait your ankle is fractured?!" Natalie says shocked. "How did that happen?"

"It's dumb. I fell out the bunk on the tour bus and probably sprained it but then walked on it the whole day because I did not want to tell Taylor I was in pain." I say "but then Taylor took me to the doctor without me knowing and now it's fractured."

"What does fractured mean?" Natalie asks me.

"I can't walk on it for about 2 months at the very least. I have to wear this heavy boot thingy for a month and then a smaller one for 2 weeks-4weeks." I say

"So how do you get around?" Natalie says

Has she never heard of crutches sometimes I don't think this girl is very smart.

"Um well I prefer crutches because I can still move pretty well and it is more like walking but Taylor insisted on getting me a wheel chair and a knee scooter too. So that's a thing." I say.

"Well at least you can get around." Natalie says

"Yea I guess." I say. "So you know how I am repeating seventh grade again."

"Yea what about it?" Natalie says.

She is the only person I am comfortable talking about school with and the fact that I am repeating the grade because she is the only one who knows the true reason why. Her mom doesn't and Taylor most certainly doesn't.

"Well Taylor asked me about my grades in the car today." I say. "And so when she asked I told her I haven't gotten higher than a B my whole life of remembering my grades."

"What did she say after that." Natalie says.

"Well she said something like C's and D's please tell me you have never gotten an F before, and then I just looked down at my feet giving a pretty clear message." I say. "I'm just not ready to talk about it with her and how I am summer work to be doing. It's hard for me to talk about in general but Nat she had straight A's in school."

"Why don't you just tell her and be truthful with her." Natalie says "she will trust you more if you don't hide things Paige."

"I know I know it's just hard." I say "she said she is talking to me formally about it whatever that means."

"Well when Taylor talks to you again just be upfront about it." Natalie says as I hear the lock from Taylors bedroom unlock.

"Yea I guess hey I got to go Taylor is coming out of her room, bye." I say