Chapter Three: Strike One

I was glued to the t.v. when my phone started vibrating. I started to ignore it but when I saw LaLa's name, I knew it would never hear the end of it if I did.

"Speak."

"Bitch where the hell you at?"

"LaLa, why are you yellin'?"

"Cause I drove all the way to your crib to find out your hoe ass done moved!"

"Calm down, it ain't that serious."

"Yes it is! We just spent mad guap on ya party, so you don't have no type of money to buy some new shit. Who you moved with?"

"None of ya business."

"Yes it is my business, you whore! Shackin' ass!"

"I'm with Hakiem, since you must know."

"What? I'm sorry did you just say you were livin', with a nigga, you just met, a week ago?"

"If that's how you wanna put it."

"Are you crazy?"

"No, I'm smart. He got money and he wanna take care of me."

"And what you givin' him in return?"

"Chill LaLa, it's not even like that."

"Are yall even together?"

"I guess."

"I hope you know what you doin"."

[Click]

No she didn't just hang up on me. I love LaLa, but she extra as hell sometimes. Always giving me advice that I didn't ask for. I clearly know what the hell I'm doing or I wouldn't be doing.

I rolled my eyes then went into the bathroom. I turned on the water in the tub, getting ready to take a bath. Bubbles, apple juice, and some slow jams always does the trick to relax me. I try to get all this out of the way while Hakiem is gone to avoid any situations with him trying to touch me. I mean, I know it's going to be brought up eventually but not now. Maybe one day I'll have the courage to tell him my fear. Until then I'm just going to avoid him as much as possible.

"Well then."

I quickly turned and saw Hakiem standing in the doorway. I instantly covered my body, not wanting him to see me naked.

"What are you doin'? Why you coverin' up?"

"I don't.... no reason."

"You sound crazy as fuck."

"Can you just close your eyes for like two seconds?"

He stared at me like I really was insane, but eventually obeyed. I quickly got into the tub and covered my body with bubbles as much as possible.

"Okay, you can look now."

He opened his eyes and started taking his clothes off.

"W-what are you doin'?"

"I'm gettin' in with you."

"No-"

"Man save that extra shit!"

I bit down on my lip nervously and turned my eyes to the faucets of the tub. I can't look at him, he'll see my fear. He told me to scoot up, and he sat behind me. I leaned back on him and a chill ran down my spine, making him caress my stomach. Little did he know, that chill wasn't the good kind.

"Why you didn't want me to see your body?"

"No reason."

"There has to be a reason. Come on baby, open up to me."

"It's nothin' to say so just drop it."

He stopped touching me then pushed me off of him, almost making me hit my head on the tub. He got out grabbed a towel, and walked out the bathroom. I jumped out, grabbed my own towel, and followed him out. He was drying off and putting on clothes.

"Where you goin'?"

"Out."

"Why?"

"Zharia, chill with the questions iight? I ain't got time for this childish shit you got goin' on. I'll be back. In the mean-time, maybe you should think about how a woman is supposed to please her man."

I sat in silence as I watched him grab all his belongings and walk out the door with a frustrated slam.

                                                                                                ****************

I woke up from hearing a loud grunt from the bathroom. I got up and quietly looked through the cracked door. Hakiem was sitting on the edge of the tub, dick in hand, going to work. I watched in interest, never seeing a man do this in my life. A feeling stirred in me that I've never felt before. I thought about what he had said earlier and maybe I should try and attempt to properly please him. If it doesn't work at least that will open up an opportunity for me to tell him. I put my hand on my door knob, wanting to join him until he started moaning. The name that came out of his mouth certainly wasn't mine, and he nutted all over the rug I just picked out. Which ignited a whole other fire of anger in me.

I walked back to the bed, and sat on the edge in pure disgust. He walked in shortly after and looked at me surprised.

"What?"

"Who the hell is Maxine?"

"What!?"

"Who the hell is Maxine?" I repeated now standing in front of him.

"I don't know what the fuck you're talkin' about. Go back to sleep."

He kissed my forehead then walked out the bedroom and down the stairs. I waited until I heard the tv turn on blast and I grabbed my phone and called Toni. Imma find out my answer even if it's from her nosey ass.

"What's poppin'?"

"Toni, I need to know somethin'."

"What's up? And no I don't have no money."

"Bitch excuse me? Anyway, did Hakiem ever talk to a bitch name Maxine?"

"Hell yeah! That's his baby mom."

"He still mess with her?"

"From what I know, yeah. She was driving his car earlier."

"Iight, Imma call you later"

So he got kids and still fuckin' his baby mom. He lied to me. Here I am trying to give this man I good home to come to and the fucker is out cheating on me. May didn't raise me to be nobody's side piece.

I quietly got up and tiptoed to the dresser where he had his wallet. I opened it up and to my surprise, found exactly what I was looking for. There, was a picture of him holding a football and a little boy holding on to his leg. He looked just like him but from his hair texture, Maxine has to be mixed or something. He's an adorable little boy. I put the picture back in his wallet and grabbed my robe from off of the back of the door. I went down the stairs and headed towards the living room. Maybe we can civilly have a conversation about this. I mean, he has a kid. Something has to be said.

"Ha-"

"Hey babe, can you make me a sandwich? I'm hungry."

I started to say more but decided against it. I just nodded my head in obedience.

"And make it good this time. Last time that shit was lacking in a lot of areas."

I snapped my neck at him but kept my comments to myself.

Strike one.