Chapter Two: Birthday Girl (8 Years Later)

"Zhi, are you ready yet? Damn, it take you forever!" LaLa said from outside the bathroom door.

"I'm comin'!"

I fluffed my hair one last time and walked out of the bathroom. I turned twenty-one today, so it's time to turn all the way up. I feel like this is an epic moment in anyone's life and I don't plan to waste it or have anybody mess it up for me. And I'm not about to have LaLa rushing me either

"Damn girl! Can you breathe in that dress?", she asked me.

I rolled my eyes at LaLa. I had on a brand-new Gucci dress that stops mid-thigh, my black Red Bottoms to add on my five foot five frame, with all gold diamond jewelry. It's rare that I dress up since I'm always working two jobs to provide for my siblings and I still. So, if I'm going to go out I'm going out with a bang. Funny thing is however, LaLa got on the same shit as me, just another color. Which brings us back to why the hell I'm looking at her crazy.

"Bitch, can you breathe in yours?" I asked her

"Does it matter? I'll damn near suffocate in a dress, as long as I can attract me some good dick tonight."

"You're nasty as hell. That's all you think about."

She blew me a kiss and turned around and started making her ass clap. I couldn't help but laugh. No one else can put up with her nonsense the way I do. I guess that's why we've been inseparable all this time.

A horn blew outside so we grabbed our clutches and keys. We got some whistles and smart ass comments from the hoes and niggas on the block when we got outside. I ain't care though, it's my day.

"Aye shortie, can I pull that dress off?" one of the corner hustlers said to LaLa.

"Nigga please, grow a dick first!"

"I got one! It was in ya mouth last night."

"What!?" LaLa was about to make her way towards him to read him his rights but I quickly stopped her.

"LaLa, get in the limo. I ain't got time for this shit."

She rolled her eyes. "Iight, but Imma fuck him up one of these days. "

The limo driver opened our door and we slid in, and was greeted by my little sister, Toni. She just turned eighteen last month so I made an exception for her tonight and let her come hang.

"Hey sis." I said to her with smile.

"Maliek said he mad at you."

I rolled my eyes. "For what this time?"

"Because he couldn't come to the party"

"How old is he now?" LaLa asked.

"Sixteen."

"When he gets legal, tell him to holla at me."

I punched her arm.

"I'm sorry Zhi, but your brother is fine as hell. Just let me take his virginity."

I laughed and turned my attention to the Moscato I had in the ice tray. She's clearly lost her mind and I'm going to make it my business and act like she never said that. I will kill her about my brother. And LaLa is the dog of all dogs. She would break that poor boy and I don't want to be the one responsible for the destruction of that shit.

"Who all about to be there?" Toni asked.

"Almost all of damn New York. Every dealer, hoe, pimp, and crackhead." LaLa said, stealing my glass out of my hands.