Chapter Forty Three

|Forty-Three|

|Jesse|

I bellowed out in rage and fell to my knees, dropping my gun in the process. It was my sister, Alethea, in her succubus form, crying and trying to drag Blythe out of harm's way. Blythe was a bloodied mess I couldn't even see where her face was. She was a mass of blood and matted hair. Lucien stood in front of them, an empty expression on his face. He took a step towards them. I darted in front of them and shifted easily into my true form.

My wings spread out behind me shielding them from harm's way. Lucien had a hungry expression on his face. He was dripping in blood. Not his blood. Red twinged the edges of my vision and my body was visibly shaking. Whatever pain I felt from the seraph shard was now replaced with the pain of seeing my sister like that. Lucien stood straight, his form shifting into something I had never seen before. His brandings stretched and coiled around his body and his skin changed into a glow of red. Horns grew out of his forehead and twisted into pointed edges. His ears grew along with them. And his wings, his wings unfurled and they were feathered,  double the size of mine, and sharpened at the edges. His tail made a deafening sound as it hit the ground. Shortly after, the sound of his bones cracking in and out of places silenced the whole hall. 

"Your sister, I presume?" He said casually, raising his hand in front of his face, "...she was a delicacy."

I roared in rage and lunged at him. He sidestepped me easily and rammed his elbow into my back. He was faster than me and stronger. His elbow hit shook my spine. I clenched my teeth in pain and whirled around. I looked at Alethea and what was left of Blythe. Succubi were pulling them out. I turned to Lucien, confident in fighting him as long as my loved ones weren't near me. I couldn't let him get away with hurting her.

Lucien didn't hesitate, he was on me in a flash, throwing punches and kicks in quick succession. I reciprocated, landing a hard punch to his chest, feeling his chest plate crack. He hissed in pain and ducked, lifting my body up and slamming me against the wall. I groaned feeling my previous injuries open up again.

Lucien chuckled, "It looks like my sister did a number on you. I'm going to have to thank her. It'll make killing you easily, even though that's her forte."

I stood up shakily, taking a deep breath. He was right, she weakened me and he would exploit that. "Fuck you," I lunged towards him, but suddenly I was being held back and other people were on him, attacking him all at once.

"Do not kill! I repeat do not kill. We're here to capture target," Daemon yelled. He approached me, "extraction. You're too weak. Your sisters need you more."

Luxinia was on sight, her eyes wild and angry. She shifted into her true form and was fighting off Lucien. Daemon helped me up and I leaned on him, feeling my legs weakened. "Get her out of there."

Lucien was a monster, a succubus jumped on him and he ripped her off him, ripping her arm from her shoulder. She screamed in pain, falling to the floor. General Hudson frowned and grabbed a gun from her hip and shot at him. He just stood there and caught the bullets, crushing them in his hands. He looked to his hand and then to us, a surprised grin on his face.

Daemon cursed. "He's a fucking machine. I need a medic and retreat now! I'm not losing anymore! General Hudson! Call back your hunters!"

"Retreat!" Hudson called.

Luxinia shook her head and unsheathed her sword, slashing down on him. Lucien was fast and easily dodged her attack, only getting grazed on the cheek.

"Not bad, sister. I could teach you more if you would let me," He sneered, grabbing her by the throat.

I fought against Daemon holding me back. "Let her go!" I roared. Luxinia got lifted off her feet and thrown across the hall, slamming into the wall, cracking it in the process.