Chapter Sixteen

A/N; Dedicated to @mikaylabrown9898 

|Sixteen|

|Luxinia|

I stared at Jamie in shock as I saw him snap Jesse's neck. Surely, that wouldn't kill him, but that would most certainly buy us a lot of time to get the fuck out of here. I couldn't stop staring at Jamie. He was always considered weak, yet here he was saving me from being killed... again.

I should have never released this newfound power like that, I thought angrily. I mean, what was I thinking? I knew better than to make myself a target. But when I realized that Jamie probably went to Jesse to force him to fix Tessa I knew I needed to act fast. Jesse was no ally of mine. I need to realize that he was my enemy. I let my guard down too easily around him and I let him crawl under my skin. That couldn't happen, not when I knew he matched my power. I only overpowered him because of Everen's vial. Other than that, I would've been a goner.

Turning to Jesse's bedroom doors I smirked. "We need to hurry out of here, but to make sure he doesn't follow us, help me carry him to the bed."

Jamie raised a brow. "what are you up to?"

"We're going to tie him up."

|~~~|

I was staring at the dress I was wearing to the ball tonight. It completely slipped my mind that the ball was tonight. I did not want to attend tonight due to the fact that Jesse--no Storm was now after me. However, if I didn't attend I would be killed. So either way, I was putting myself in danger. I sighed, frowning about how low cut the dress was in the back. This was supposed to be elegant, not a sex honing dress. "Do you have anything that covers more?"

The woman who stood next to me at the dress shop was a woman who worked for the incubi, she always took care of many to prepare us for special occasions. What made her work for us was beyond me. A human casually dressing up sex demons wasn't something that they looked forward to. Well, perhaps teenage boys did.

"No, you name was listed here and they want you to wear this dress. Es un baile de máscaras so I assume this dress is the only way to notice you," The woman replied, as she stared at the dress, "Yours is much different from the rest."

Looking in the mirror, I stared more deeply at the dress. It was a crimson red empire satin dress that dipped very low on my back. This dress was handy if I needed to slip into my true form to fly away, but it was very long to walk in. I could hide weapons easily on my thighs, however, since the dress hugged my hips then flowed out, I would need a small knife. There goes my gun.

"And here is you masquerade mask. They had given me another one for you to wear, but I feel this suits you better."

I was never one for fashion, only for comfort and practicality. However, the mask was breathtaking. It covered the top half of my face and had two little horns on the top. One half was black and the other red with gold swirl accents surrounding the eyes. I could easily hide from anyone with this mask. I smiled at her. "Thank you so much."

She nodded, but there was a sudden sadness in her eyes. "You will be fine at this ball, correct?"

I nodded, raising a brow in suspicion. Did she know anything that I didn't?  "Why? Is there something going on?"

"I see many creatures like you come in here, and for many years I've seen you all suffer due to your masters. They also get my help to heal some of you who come here. I wish help somehow, but those demons, so powerful," The woman started cleaning some papers off the table beside her with a worried expression. "Be careful."