Chapter Forty

|Forty|

|Luxinia|

Sitting and staring at nothing was something I didn't think I would be doing for a long time. People had passed by and tried talking me out of what I was feeling, but there were nothing and no one that could talk me out of my hatred. Blair had given up the first five minutes and Daemon just stood there trying to bring back memories that I did not wish to remember. Blythe came with Tessa in which Tessa seemed like she was about to cry and I felt bad, but I couldn't do anything about what I was feeling. She'd spend almost an hour talking about Jamie and how much she missed him and she asked if I missed him too. All I could feel is my hatred for him and nothing else. He was an incubus, that made him an enemy.

I don't know long I sat, just staring at the door as if someone was magically going to open it and let me slaughter every incubus in this building. 

"Lux," Alethea was now at the window and she stared at me in concern, "what's happened with you? Why did you switch up all of a sudden? No one wants to tell me anything and Osmum is keeping me in my room."

"There's... something wrong with me. Don't get too close to the glass, I don't know what I might do," I answered honestly. The hatred was gone if I focused solely on Ale and if I didn't think about any of the incubi in the building I regained some of my personality. I was noticing that I was fully functional in the company of succubi. I only became hostile whenever I felt an Incubus. I wish that I knew how to control it, but this was all new. I did hate incubi before, but it was nothing like this. It was my whole being in one unit feeling the same thing. It was as if even my pores felt hatred.

"You won't attack me. Plus, I could fend you off," Ale smiled sadly, "I hear them talking about you. They're trying to call Jesse to bring him here. They think he is the only one that can snap you out of this."

I shook my head. "I'm beginning to believe the story that Osma told me. I'm a danger to all of the incubi. Jesse shouldn't come near me. I want to kill him. I feel it in my gut."

Lucien walked towards Alethea. He stopped a couple of feet away from her and tightened his hoodie around his mouth and nose. "Could you please go back to your room, Alethea? I need to talk to my sister."

Ale looked at him in fear, "Please don't kill me."

Lucien shook his head. "I won't, but you need to get away from me now."

Ale nodded and ran off. Lucien stepped closer to the glass. "We should talk."

I watched him, eyes narrowed. "If you really are my twin how come you didn't find me earlier?" I couldn't help but be suspicious of this man before me. In all my years of life, I never knew I had a sibling. If he expected me to act as if we were close, he had another thing coming to him.

"I didn't sense your presence. Once you came to Europe I felt you and was tracking your location for days. If I had known you were in America I would have sought you out. I thought you were dead, or worse," Lucien revealed. 

I was just about to ask what's worse than being dead, but I knew what was worse. "How come I don't feel hatred towards you?"

"I'm not an incubus. We're demons. All-powerful demons. That's really what I am, what we are."

"What kind of demon?"

"I cannot tell you. Only you can figure out what you truly are. It's the price we've had to pay due to the spell. I can't physically tell you what you are until you realize what you are."