Chapter 15. Beach City Drift Pt. 2

"I didn't say iron the socks. I said I want my socks pressed. Whoa -- Wait, wait. Careful with the tires, Grandpa. I got a big race today, and my car has to look as beautiful as me" Kevin said with a wink, making Y/n cringe.

Y/n then walked over to the yellow sports car and stood between Kevin and Greg, "Kevin, back away from Greg" Y/n said in a calm yet intimidating voice, "Well I'll back away from him as soon as you come closer to me hot stuff" Kevin winked, causing Y/n to lightly slap him in the face, because if they used a full on smack, it'd probably snap his neck.

"He's not a Grandpa! He's just a regular Pa!" Steven shouted from behind Y/n as Greg and Connie looked on in our bravery, Kevin then put down his phone and glared at Steven. "Have we met before? I think I'd remember a twerp like you" Kevin said, causing Steven to become angrier, "You do remember a twerp like me!" Steven yelled, surprising Y/n as Steven usually never yells.

Y/n began calming down Steven as Connie approached with a nervous laugh, "You -- You just look like another guy we know" Connie said, still nervous. "That's Impossible. There's only one... Kevin" Kevin said as he screeched down the street.

"He didn't even pay for his wash!" Y/n said as they let go of Steven, "It's alright, I'm rich after all" Greg said as he walked back over to the car and continued to was it. "I hate Kevin!" Steven growled as he looked down the street at the burn marks on the road. "Whoa, whoa, whoa! Watch the four letters, schtuball. Hate's a strong word" Greg said as he looked up from washing the car. "It's a strong feeling to" Steven said as he clenched his fist.

"Do you know that guy?" Greg asked as he walked over to the wall to grab a hose, "Nope" Y/n said shrugging, "Yes" Both Connie and Steven said beside Y/n. "Well, kinda. When we fused into Stevonnie, we met him at the dance and --" Connie was saying before Steven interrupted "He was a creep!" Steven said as Greg told him off for saying creep, "He kept asking us to dance with him, even though we said no. It was really... uncomfortable" Connie said as she looked over at Steven, "He didn't even care about how we felt -- At all!" Steven stated as he pouted.

Greg sighed as he looked at the kids, "I had no idea that happened. I'm really sorry. That guy, he's not even worth the time of day. Don't even give him the satisfaction of thinking about him" Greg said as he sprayed Y/n with a hose to lighten the mood, "Thanks Mr. Universe" Connie said as she grabbed a sponge and threw it at Greg, "Car wash fight!" Steven said happily as he grabbed a bucket.

It was dawn at the "It's a wash!" car wash, Steven and Connie were on top of the Dondai, looking up at the night sky, while Y/n rocked up in their new Mazda RX3. Steven sighed, "Still mad about Kevin?" Connie asked as Y/n got onto their car and joined them in the star gazing, "Yes" Steven said as he looked over at Connie, "Me too" Connie said as she continued to look at the stars, "Not to interrupt but, who's Stevonnie?" Y/n asked as they looked over at the two, "It's our fusion" Steven said as he continued to look up, Y/n just shrugged and looked back up as well.

"You don't seem mad" Steven said as he sat up, "I'm thinking mad. I still feel like there's something big I want to say to him, you know? Something to make him think, like we're thinking" Connie said as She sat up next to Steven, "You could just call him a di-" Y/n stopped to think before finishing off the sentence, remembering how Steven was told of for saying mad, "Di... Dill pickle! You can call him a dill pickle" Y/n said with a nervous laugh, "Nah, not strong enough" Steven said as he looked over at Y/n.

"Yeah. Too bad we can't just race against him -- To use the first place ribbon to wipe that smug look off his face!" Steven added as he grinned, "But we're kids. Kids can't drive. That's against the law" Connie said as she looked at Steven, "You two might not be old enough... but maybe Stevonnie is" Y/n said with a devilish grin, Y/n then leaped of their car and got in, starting the engine, "Let's go!" Y/n said as they sped down the street.

Y/n and Stevonnie drive into the car park that's being used as a starting line, "There's a lot of people here" Y/n said sarcastically as they saw a pizza car, Rolando on a scooter and Kevin.

"Anyone else think they can beat me and my Himitsu X-12 on the downhill course, step right up" Kevin said for the whole crowd to hear, causing them to back away, "Come on, how am I going to get a cool-down lap if no one wants to go?" Kevin said, basically jinxing himself, Y/n and Connie then drift in next to Kevin's car, "We'll have a go" Stevonnie said as he/she stepped out of the Dondai, Rolando then came scooting towards our cars "Is that a RX3 and a 96' Supremo!" Rolando asked excitingly, "Um, I think so" Stevonnie said as they sat on the hood of the car.

"Ha! That's why I knew those brats at the car wash -- they're you! Your whole "two kids in a beautiful trench coat" routine won't fool me this time, so don't even try it! You even got Y/n here to try and distract me!" Kevin said with a laugh, causing Y/n's hands to clench in their pockets, only for a small voice to say "poof me!", it was Silver, the size of a mouse. "Why should I?" Y/n asked confused, "You see the diamond shape on the car's hood" Silver asked as she scurried over the hood on the car and onto the symbol, "If you poof me, you can place me here like a power source, I can then control the car and speed it up if needed" Silver said as she ran faster over the hood, letting Stevonnie and Kevin talk to each other.

"Fine, as long as you stay safe" Y/n said as Silver jumped into Y/n's hands, Y/n slowly applied pressure until they felt a cloud in their hand. They then placed the diamond onto the hood of the car, turning the car completely Silver.

Y/n then hears a familiar screeching of tires, Y/n turns around to see smoke and Stevonnie looking up the hill at the yellow car speeding off.

Stevonnie then said with an intimidating voice "That guy is going down".

-------------------------------------