Chapter 14. Beach City Drift Pt. 1

Y/n was in hospital for a week, turns out they had broken a rib and a bone in their arm while fighting Jasper and the corruptions. "I'm not surprised that Jasper shattered that corruption, I wish we could of saved it in time though" Pearl said as she gestured to the dust like gem, "And I can't believe she did this to you Y/n, Connie was lucky to get away" Amethyst said as she began drinking the hand sanitiser that the hospital left for them to use.

"Good evening Y/n L/n, it hasn't been very long since I last saw you. Three weeks ago was it?"  Miss Maheswaran said as she sat down beside Y/n. "I wish I could stop getting injured" Y/n said as they looked over at the gems who all looked away since they knew it was mostly their faults.

"Anyway, your bones seemed to of healed quickly once again! Which is shocking since it's only been a week" Said Connie as she came into the room, Y/n then got up off the bed, causing everyone to worry as if Y/n was as fragile as glass. "I'm alright everyone, no need to try catch something that won't fall" Y/n said as they grabbed onto their cast, "Does it hurt?" Steven asked as he approached to see if Y/n was holding their cast in pain.

"It's fine" Y/n said as they ripped the cast off their arm like it was nothing, to show a scar going down Y/n's upper arm, "That's... new" Pearl said as she came over and began to look at the scar.

"Wouldn't my healing ability stop this from happening?" Y/n asked as they felt the scar with confusion. "I don't know" Pearl said as she stood back and began thinking, Y/n then ripped the cast of their chest in fear, luckily there was no scar there.

Y/n and the gems then began going home after getting Y/n out of the hospital. "Wanna come see my Dad with me? Apparently he has a surprise for me!" Steven said excitingly as the gems stopped at the Temple, "Sure thing Steven, let me just bring the cat inside" Y/n said as they picked up Silver and put her in the Temple room. "Alright lets go" Y/n said to Steven as they got back outside to the beach.

Y/n and Steven approached the car wash to see Greg sitting in his van with a car parked beside it, Steven suddenly began sprinting towards Greg, Y/n followed behind to see Greg get tackled by Steven, "Can you guess your surprise?" Greg asked with a big smile. Steven then began naming multiple random things until Y/n leaned against the car that was next to the van, Steven looked over and his smile grew even bigger "You got me a car!" Steven asked his Dad as he hugged Greg like a pillow.

"Yup, just need to wait till your old enough to drive" Greg said as he ruffled Steven's hair.

Me and Steven looked at the car as he got into it, pulling out a pair of shades from the glove compartment, "They told me there wasn't enough room on the road for the Universe. And I told them, the Universe is my road" Steven said as he put on the sunglasses and pretended to start the car while using the petals, Y/n looked out the passenger seat to see Connie approaching the car. Connie begins to knock on the window lightly "Steven? Steven?" Connie asked as she looked into the car, "Oh, hey, Connie!" Steven said as he took of the glasses and rolled down the window.

Steven then looks over at his Dad, "Thanks for letting me practice, Dad. This car's great! But I think it might be too small to live in" Steven said as he looked into the back, "Ah, the van's still home sweet home. I just thought now that I'm swimming in dough, why not get a new car for my son?" Greg said as Steven got out of the car, "New? Greg there's still a "Used" sticker on it" Y/n said as they pointed out the obvious evidence, "I like to think of it as more "Experienced" than "Used" " Greg said as he pulled a out a sticker from his pocket, he then slaps the sticker over the used sticker, "Really, Dad on board?" Y/n asked Greg as he pointed at the sticker.

"This baby's a Dondai Supremo from the era of frosted tips, mood rings, slap bracelets" Greg said as he pat the cars roof. Y/n laughed as Steven and Connie looked at Greg in confusion, "I wish I had a car" Y/n said as they wiped a tear of laughter from under their eye.

"I could get you one" Greg said as he looked over at Y/n, "Really?" Y/n asked as they looked up in surprise.

"Yeah, I'm still extremely rich so name the car and I'll get it" Greg said as he pulled out a phone and opened G-Bay, "Well there is the Mazda RX3... But you really don't have to" Y/n said as they scratched their hair, "Nah, I found one nearby anyway, I'll get it for ya" Greg said as he pressed the buy button.

"Also, these things are crazy on the road. Front wheel suspension, tons of ponies. But best of all.... It has a Tape Deck!" Greg said as he got into the Dondai and put a tape into it, to play some funky music, "Well I usually go for more modern music but of well" Y/n said as they shrugged and picked up a sponge and began to wash the car with the others.

Y/n looked over at Steven who was staring at the water bucket next to them, the water bucket had ripples in it as the sound of rock music got closer and louder, only for a yellow sports car to speed around the corner, "Give me a wash, old man" Said a kid around Y/n's age in the drivers seat, "Uh, right away, young man" Greg said as he quickly ran over to the car with a sponge.

"Who's that punk?" Y/n asked with a slightly angry tone to see Greg treated like nothing but a tool.

Steven then squeezes the sponge in his hand furiously "Kevin!" Steven said gritting his teeth.

-------------------------------