Chapter 36 - 'What are you doing here?'

Start from the beginning

After I was done with that, I glossed my lips with some red lip gloss so that my lips would be a red glossy color. I smiled in the mirror at my work and I stood up from my chair. I went over to my bedside dresser and unplugged my phone from it's charger. I saw that I had 3 missed calls from Mark. My eyes widened in shock and I shook my head.

The boy is way too clingy.

I grabbed my school bag and walked out of my room. I skipped down the stairs and I went over to the kitchen.

I'm sorry, but no matter how late I am to school, I will never ever skip breakfast.

I walked into the kitchen and headed over to the fridge. I pulled out the milk and I set it on the counter. Then I headed over to the cabinet and I pulled out the Fruit Loops. I poured the cereal into the bowl first, and then I poured the milk.

No matter how hard I try, I could never pour the milk before the cereal.

Without putting the milk and cereal away, I started to eat my food.

"Hey, good morning Hann- whoa." Natalie's voice drifted off.

I looked up to see her staring at me with wide eyes. I raised an eyebrow expecting her to explain the whoa, even though I knew why she said that. "Why the whoa?" I asked, fighting the urge to smile.

She gestured to my clothes and smirked. "Well, well, well. What do we have here? Little Miss Hannah is trying to impress someone, isn't she?" I laughed and put my now empty bowl in the sink. "What makes you say that?" I asked, deciding to play innocent.

I grabbed my backpack from the chair I was sitting on and I turned around, only to bump into Natalie. "Uh, uh, uh." She tutted, waving her finger in my face. I raised an eyebrow at her and she smiled mischievously. "I know that you know why you're dressed up like that." She said. "You're dressed up like that so that you can impress Noah!"

I choked on my spit and ended up coughing. Instead of helping me, she decided to laugh at me like the wonderful friend she is.

After I finished my little cough attack, I glared up at my so called friend and I flipped her off. "Fuck off." I growled and pushed past her.

"You know it's true!" I heard her yell from behind me. I flipped her off again over my shoulder and I heard her cackle. I cringed from the sound and shook my head.

I have no idea what Brian sees in that freak.

I got into my car, turned the key into the ignition and I sat there, waiting for Natalie. 5 minutes passed by, then 10. When it was getting close to 15 minutes, I growled in frustration and started to get out of my car. Before I was able to shut the car door though, Natalie came running out of the house, bag in hand and phone in the other.

"I'm sorry! But mom called and she wanted to make sure that we would be on time for school. And she wanted me to fix some things before we left." She said sounding breathless.

"Oh." Was all I was able to say. She pushed past me and started to settle in the car. "Come on Hannah! We need to go now before we're late!" She yelled.

I ran into the car and immediately pulled out. I zoomed onto the road and drove so fast, I would put all NASCAR drivers to shame.

When we reached the school, there wasn't a single parking spot. I cursed in my head and kept driving until I could find one.

"What time is it?" I asked Natalie.

"7:57" She answered. Great. So I only have about one minute to find a parking spot, and then two minutes to run to class.