Chapter 29 - 'Please open the door!'

We started to walk into the airport, all of our luggage in our hands. I noticed that I kept glancing at Noah ever so often, and not once have I caught him staring at me in return.

Doesn't that usually happen in movies? The guy and the girl have a moment, and they can't stop stealing glances at each other?

But then again, this isn't a movie. This is reality. And so far, it looks like I'm the only one affected because there's Noah, talking and laughing with Aiden like nothing just happened in the car.

I couldn't help but grow annoyed. Here I am, thinking about him nonstop, and he just forgets about the moment completely, and acts like it never happened.

Stupid prick.

I gnash my teeth in annoyance. Why isn't he as affected as I am? Why am I the only one affected? That isn't fair. And what was that emotion swimming in his blue eyes? It wasn't happiness, nor was it contentment. What was it?

Before I could further think about it, I felt someone kick me in the shin. I snapped my head up and was about to snap at them when I saw Jacob looking down at me, with his luggage in his hands. "Hey, they called our flight. Come on." He didn't even wait for me to reply, he just walked off, leaving me sitting there, with my luggage somewhere in this airport.

"Wait, Jacob!" I called out. He turned around and raised an eyebrow at me. I ran over to him and placed a hand on my shoulder. "Umm..." I started, trailing off. 'Well, I have no idea where my luggage is." I admitted, smiling sheepishly. I expected him to get mad or to blow a tantrum, but instead, he just laughed and shook his head. "Of course you did. You always lose your luggage in the airport on every single trip we come on, and it's always in the same place. Here come on, follow me." he started walking away again and this time I didn't let him. I scrambled after him and followed him to wherever he was leading me.

I don't always lose my suitcases, do I? I don't think so.

"Hannah, I know you're thinking about it, and I'm serious. You always lose your luggage. You're always too deep in thought to remember where you put it, and it's a good thing that we always watch you." He said without turning around. I shrugged, deciding to drop it, and we turn a corner.

We jogged up some stairs and turned another corner before I spotted my luggage near the escalator. I nearly did a double take when I saw it sitting there, people walking around it and looking at it with curiosity and annoyance because it was in their way. I rushed over to it and scooped them up before anyone could kick them to the side. I breathed a sigh in relief and made my way over to Jacob. "Thanks." I said when I reached him. He nodded his head as a reply and started walking back to the gate.

Man, I really need to pay more attention when we come to the airport.

We finally reached the gate, right before they were going to close the doors. We ran over to the lad checking the tickets and when she saw us, she raised an eyebrow. "Are you two on this plane?" She asked, nodding her head to her back where the tunnel was. I nodded and shoved my tickets over into her hands. "Yes, here is my ticket."

She smiled at us almost apologetically. "I'm sorry, but the plane doors are closing. I can't let anyone else inside. You should've been here earlier." My mouth fell open and I heard Jacob scoff from behind me. "The doors are closing? Excuse me, but I don't see the doors closed." He pointed out, pointing to the tunnel behind her. She turned around and when she saw that the doors weren't closed, she turned back and rolled her eyes at me. "The doors aren't closed right now, but they will be. So I need you two to go sit down over there, and wait for the next flight." She said and gave us an obviously fake smile.