Prologue

Picture of a 5 year old Hannah to the side! Cute isn't she?

Prologue

I woke up to the sound of shouting and glass breaking. I got up and went to the railing of the stairs and looked over it to see if I could see my mommy and daddy, but I couldn't find them. After a while I heard voices and footsteps coming up the stairs. "Okay. Sir, I've got the parents but I don't see the little girl anywhere."

Little girl? Are  they talking about me?  I wondered. I ran quietly back to my room and hid under my bed, making sure that I wouldn't be seen.  The house was dead silent for a while and I was about to get out from under my bed when I saw a pair of shoes. I knew that they weren't my daddy's shoes because my daddy doesn't have any shoes like that so I stayed quiet and hidden.

 "No boss. I'm in her room but I don't see her."                                                    

He must be on the phone. Why is he looking for me though? And where are my parents? "Fine. I'll leave. Yes, I know this isn't over. Yeah, okay. Bye." He sighed and I heard the beep of the phone which meant that he hung up. There was silence in my room for a moment and I started to wonder if he was going to ever leave. I moved my leg slightly but stopped quickly once I heard shuffling and saw his feet moving out of my room. I heard his footsteps stomping down the stairs and I didn't hear anything before I heard the slam of the front door.

What did he mean by this isn't over? What isn't over? What in the world is going on?

Right now, I wanted nothing more than to be with my parents and for them to tell me that it was going to alright. But there was this strange feeling that I was getting in my tummy telling me that something was wrong.

I waited for about five more minutes and when I couldn't hear anything anymore, and I slowly climbed out from under my bed and saw that there wasn't anyone in my room anymore.

I walked into my parent's room and saw that their room was a mess. The drawer was on the floor with the contents spilling out, the mirror was shattered into tiny pieces, and the once made bed was now messy. There were papers everywhere and there was a fresh blood stain on the carpet that led towards the closet. I followed the stain and when I got to the closet, I opened it, and I suddenly wished that I didn't. My mom was in there, blood oozing out of her. It seemed like it was coming from every part of her body because it seemed like it wouldn't stop. I knelt down beside her, taking her bloody hand in mine.

"Mom? Mom? Mommy! Mommy wake up, wake up please!" I stayed there crying and crying. But deep down inside, I knew that she wasn't going to wake up and that I would never get to hear her soothing voice again. She would never help me with my homework, she would never tuck me in bed, and she would never call me Hannah Banana again. She would never take me to school anymore, cook me brownies and take me to get ice cream with my daddy. At the mention of my daddy, my head snapped up. Where is he? Oh please don't tell me that he's like mommy!

"No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no! Please no!" I ran downstairs and I saw that the TV in the living room was on its side, broken, the couch was on the other side of the room with more fresh blood stains on it, and the table was broken in half. Whoever fought my dad fought a good fight. I ran the rest of the way into the kitchen, and I saw the worst sight for a five year old to ever see.

I saw my daddy lying on the kitchen table with a knife plunged in his stomach, a knife drilled into his neck, and his eyes and mouth were wide open. His mouth was full of blood, and it was spilling out onto the counter. There were words carved into his stomach that read, 'we won.' I gasped in horror and I ran to the phone to call the police.

That was 12 years ago. This is now.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

AN

Hey guys. Well this is my first story, and I hope you like it!

*B*