Chapter 31 The Final Plan

A/N: Sorrry about the long wait, my flash drive with everything on it died and I forget I had this already written and posted as a draft. I just got a lot going on right now. SO happy reading.

Chapter 31

As I predicted the jury found him not guilty. John called Sherlock as soon as we were out of the court. I made to run to the flat but John stopped me. "Bella what are you doing?"

"Don't you see what he's going to do? He planned this whole thing. He's going to the flat, he and Sherlock are going to be in the same room." I pulled myself free and ran. I could hear John calling after me. I knew he would call Sherlock next to tell him that Moriarty was found not guilty and I had taken off.

I knew Sherlock's plans unlike John, I was afraid for Sherlock. If his plan failed who knew what damage Moriarty would bring upon the world. Moriarty was a killer, anyone who stood in his way or was an annoyance was cut down. I ran through the streets glad I had worn clothes I could run in. I reached the flat within minutes and ran up the stairs. Moriarty was sitting in his chair and Sherlock was in John's.

Moriarty was holding a pen knife and an apple in his hands, his eyes locked on Sherlock's. "You'll never need to take anything again," Sherlock's deep rich voice filled my ears and the room.

"Good, because," Moriarty replied eating some of the apple. I walked up behind Sherlock and stood there.

"Because nothing, nothing, nothing in the bank of London, Tower of England or Pentonville Prison could possibly match the value of the key that could get you into all three."

"I can open any door anywhere, with a few tiny lines of computer code," Moriarty said. I always was for a good old fashion lock. Can't hack that, but you could shoot it. "No such things as a private bank account now. I own secrecy. I could blow up NATO in alphabetical order.  In a world of locked rooms the man with a key is king and honey you should see me in a crown," he drawled.

I hated the man in front of me. It took everything I had to show no emotion, to not react. I couldn't give anything away. "Fucking peacock," I muttered.

"You were advertising all the way through the trial, showing off," Sherlock said.

"And you were helping," Moriarty replied. He looked up from the apple which I noticed he was carving something into. "Big client list: rogue governments, intelligence communities, terrorist groups; they all want me, suddenly I'm Mr. Sex."

"You can break into any bank but you care about the highest bidder?" Sherlock stated. I was bored with this conversation, I knew Sherlock was letting Moriarty play the smart one. I was just annoyed at how this had to play out.

"No I don't," Moriarty replied. "I just like to watch them all competing, "Daddy loves me the best." Aren't normal people adorable?" he asked. I just rolled my eyes. He just liked to play with people like they were toys. "Well you know you got John and Bella. I should get myself a live in one."

"This one bites," I said loud enough for him to hear.

"Why are you doing all this?" Sherlock asked but Moriarty ignored him.

"It would be so funny." Only for him.

"You don't want money or power, not really," Sherlock continued and Moriarty continued to ignore him. "What is it all for?" Finally, Moriarty responded and leaned forward.

"I want to solve the problem. Our problem, the final problem. It's going to start very soon Sherlock. The fall," he whistled making the sound of something falling through the air the something splattering on the ground. "But don't be scared, falling is just like flying except there's a more permanent destination." Creep, he kept carving the apple. The stare he was giving Sherlock was the same a predator gave its prey.

Sherlock simply stood and buttoned his jacket, "I never liked riddles."

Moriarty stood after him, "Learn to." The intense stare continued even though Sherlock was a head taller. "Because I owe you a fall, Sherlock. I...owe...you." He stared Sherlock down for a bit longer before leaving.

"You do know he plans on killing you?" I asked as Sherlock picked up the apple which had an IOU carved into it.

"The riddle holds the answer within itself. The fall, he wants you to fall, not just from fame to your death," I said.

Months passed and the case of Moriarty walking free was all over the papers. I knew Sherlock and his brother were up to something. There were some things going on in the papers about Sherlock too that I knew to be false and if they were true they certainly didn't come from me. John had told him that the press would turn on him, that day had come. The day Sherlock would have to fake his death was coming fast. I was trying to keep my cool, John wouldn't understand why I was so upset.

I knew Sherlock wasn't okay either. Mycroft had spoken to John about some new neighbors of ours which I didn't really pay attention too. At the current moment, there was a kidnapping case of two children of someone that was important in the US. I was already at the crime scene with my van of equipment and Anderson had tagged along.

I was currently following a trail of footsteps made from linseed oil that one of the kids had in their room. "That looks like that's the end of it. It tells us nothing after all," Anderson said holding on to one of the UV lights.

"Brilliant Anderson," Sherlock said holding his own UV light.

"Really?" Anderson asked.

"Yes, a brilliant impression of an idiot. It tells us his gait, height, his walking pace," Sherlock said ripping down the block in the window. He collected his sample and I took one as well. I knew Sherlock would be off to the hospital to figure his out and I would be off to the police lab.