***

The rest of the trip literally consisted of nothing but good things. We went jet skiing, Paralleling and we swam with dolphins. We also clubbed of course.

Getting away from everything and everybody including work was just what I needed and now I'm coming back harder then ever.

We came back home yesterday and Candace had to make a quick business trip so it was back to being just me and lani but luckily for me, August mom was staying until August came back and he comes back tomorrow and I can't wait to see him.

Coming the downstairs Sheila was making breakfast and Lani was bugging her to get her everything that was in the kitchen, ofcourse that being her grand baby she gave her whatever she wanted.

"Kehlani now you know you can't eat jolly ranchers for breakfast."

"Nana!"

Picking her up I sat her on the counter and adjusted her necklace that was now getting messed up.

"She still a baybeh you kno? You ain't gotta be to hard on ha."

"Sheila I'm not being hard on her. I'm being a good mother."

"I neva said you wasn't. I'm jus sayin' da discipline ain't necessary right now."

"Yes it is. If it doesn't get fixed now it will continue and get worse."

"I understand dat but she a kid. Jus remember dat."

"Ok."

I put lani back down on the floor and went to the room to get it cleaned and straightened up. Today would be a cleaning day just because I know I go back to work Monday and tomorrow I plan on chilling with my man and my daughter the entire day and that's what I planned on doing.

August

I hadda show in Boston tonight but da shit got cancelled due to some issues wit da whole place and set up. A lil pissed cause dats money but at da same time it's been a long two months away from ma family.

Getting to da airport it was cold as hell as usual. Getting off I went to the store and got Brooklyn ass some yellow flowers and made my way back to da house to surprise ha wit a small gesture.

Opening up the door I seen my mama on da couch and lani came running to da door.

"Hey baybeh." I said quietly. "Hey ma."

"Hey boy. I thought you were coming back tomorrow."

"Some stuff happened, nun to major. Ima go see Brooklyn."

Jogging up da stairs I knocked on the door.

"Hold on Sheila I'm getting dressed!"

Walking in I smirked at ha.

"Getting dressed fa what?"

"BABYYYYY." She said dropping her robe on accident revealing her slim body.

"What are you doing back so early?"

"Nigga it's one day early." I laughed. "Some shit just happens at da show I was post to perform at so da tour over. Ima do sum for Boston in a few months. I know Dey mad it's canceled."

"Well while their mad I'm happy."

"Mmhmhm." I said pecking ha lips. "What do you want ta do for yo birthday? It's in two weeks."

"I honestly just wanna go out for drinks and chill. Nothing major."

"Say less."

***