Ch.17

Brooklyn in the cover photo.

Brooklyn

It has been three weeks since I did what I did. I mean at times I would find my self beating my self up about it. The man was begging me not to take his life away because of his son and I still did it. I mean if he would of got to August he would of killed him with no thought taking him away from my daughter. Besides that I was keeping my grades on track. It was now October. August gets out December Third and I feel like the time was moving slower and slower. He's still worried sick about Buddy finding me but little does he know he's over and done with and in someone's grave yard. Today was the one day of the week that he could call me and I was sitting around waiting for it.

Getting out of bed I brushed my teeth and washed my face. Leaving the bathroom I went downstairs and seen jasmine on the couch scrolling through something on her phone.

"Well look who for out of bed this morning." She joked.

"Bitch yo god baby be having me tired as fuck. On top of that I be having morning sickness. A mafucka don't even be feeling like living at times." I said seriously.

"Girl you got 7 months left" she laughed.

I rolled my eyes as I got out some leftover Chinese food. I placed it in the microwave then sat on one of the chairs in the kitchen.

Scrolling through Facebook my phone rung it was my baby.

"Incoming call from inmate 667. Please press 5 to accept the call."

"5"

"Hey Love."

"Hey baybeh mama. Whatchu doin'?"

"Nothing just got out of bed finna eat. What you doin?"

"Nun. I've just been writing notes and shit to my moms and Chandra and Trav and you ofcourse. I can start mailin dem tomorrow."

"So you'll be able to write me stuff whenever?" I asked in excitement.

"Yeah mama."

"Yes!"

"How my baybeh girl?"

"She's so active. She's always kicking her mommy."

"Aw. She just like ha daddy. We gon be beating you up you know dat right?"

"Can't wait." I said sarcastically.

"I just can't wait for you to come home man. I miss you so much."

"I miss you mo. You holding it down for daddy?"

"Yes papa. I'm holding it down for sure."

"Two minuets left" the operator said.

"I hate that. It reminds me that I'm not gonna hear from you for a whole week."

"Baybeh before you know it ima be dickin you down, buying you whateva, rubbing yo back and yo feet and everything. I luh you Girl I'll be back home soon."

"I love you too babe."

Right after I said that the phone hung up. I hated that so much. I wish I could hear his voice every morning at least. Getting up I took my Chinese food and sat on the couch and watched tv. We had nothing in particular planned today so I guess we would just be chilling in the house like every other day.