Ch.45

Brooklyn

"Brooklyn you are being released today. I want you to stay on top of your medicine and I know August will be there to keep you on top of it too." August nodded as we both continued to listen to the doctor.

"Lots and lots of water Brooklyn, that's really all I want you drinking. Stay on top of your eating as well. Having a stillborn baby can change a woman's body for the worse if she doesn't take care of it Afterwords. I know your depressed and down so I subscribed you some pills for that. Got it?"

I nodded and august grabbed all the things and we walked out. It was a beautiful day in Cali but to me it felt like one of the worse days ever. Who knew I'd be walking out the hospital with no baby however we did choose to have him cremated and we could pick that up in a few weeks.

Jan.17 is when I lost my son and the day I felt as if I lost my self.

August called my name snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Brooklyn! Is you gon get in the car or not?"

Rolling my eyes I got in and laid my head back and closed my eyes. It was safe to say I didn't wanna live anymore.

Pulling up to the house I didn't grab anything I just got out the car leaving August to do all the work I walked into the house and I went straight upstairs to our room. I cradled up and went to sleep.

**

August

It's been two weeks since baybeh boys death and seeing Brooklyn like dis broke my heart. I jus couldn't get ova the fact she actin like dat was her son more then it was mine. It's 50/50.

"How is she doing?"

"She sleep right na. But she a wake up, sit there and stare at the wall, take her meds, piss, and do back to sleep. She won't even eat or talk ta me. She hasn't even held Kehlani not once."

"That's bullshit! I love Brooklyn I really do and I know this is hard on her. I lost Mel and lost myself as well but didn't she learn how hurt it made you when I wasn't talking to you? She knows that's gonna break you and Kehlani down. How about I catch a flight out there tonight?"

"I would love dat fa'real mama."

"Okay son. I love you and I'm sorry baybeh."

"I luh you mo."

I hung up the phone and continued to feed Kehlani. Before my phone rung again.

"Hey! I have some goooood news!"

"Talk ta me Melanie."

"So I pulled a few strings and coacharella wants you to come perform!"

"For real bro? Oh my fuckin god! Das wassup, when?"

"This weekend. May we gon a lunch date tomorrow? I'm in town and I wanna speak business with you and more about the event."

"Yeah das coo mama."

"Okay bye."

"Ight."

Damn, dis is big. I thought to my self.

**

"You sure you wanna watch ha mama?"

"Boy you haven't been to work in so long. Go handle ya business and ima watch my grand baby and try to talk to Brooklyn."

"Ight mane. Thank ya." I said pecking my mama cheeks.

"And pull yo pants up!" She yelled after me.