Ch.52

Going in the house It was quiet, it Was nonetheless. Knowing my father was put away in jail made me feel a little better.

It's just said it all had to end this way. Honestly these last few weeks I haven't stepped foot in my shop and I'm actually scared to go back.

My shop is my baby. I love doing what I do there and I've abandoned it.

Going up the stairs I just got home from the trial. August and Kehlani was laying in bed sleep so I took my shoes off and got in the bed with them as my thoughts clouded my brain.

I missed my son. I missed my life. My life wasn't ever perfect especially when my abuela got deported. But still I was the happiest girl alive until then and when she came back I literally was floating on cloud 9.

Just in a matter of days, weeks, and months everything can be snatched away from you.

Family was everything to me. Never in a million years would I think we would turn out like this.

I have my daughter and August and I guess that's really all I need.

California is not the place I wanna spend the rest of my life at. I mean it's so much more to life and I wanna experiences it. I often debate on moving somewhere else but I know we have so much here.

Kehlani started whining so I got up and made her a warm bottle. I decided to feed her downstairs so August could continue sleeping.

We haven't talked about the situation yet and I knew that when he woke up he would ask me what happened and all in honesty, I don't even wanna talk about it.

A few moments later August came down the stairs with his Hands in his pants and he went into the kitchen.

Watching his every move from the living room I watched him stare at certain things for a while and then walk back and fourth and repeat the process. He was acting completely off.

"Bae?" I yelled.

I repeated my self three times before laying Kehlani on the couch and getting up and going into the kitchen.

"August Anthony if you don't fucking answer me."

"Bro get tha fuck outta hea fucking yellin' and shit. I already told you bout dat shit." He said downing the rest of the Hennessy that was left in the bottle.

"Why are you yelling at me? I don't understand. What did I do?"

"You didn't do nun Brooke damn."

As I turned and try to leave out the kitchen he grabbed my arm and pulled me towards him gripping my wrist in the process.

"I'm sorry maw. I swea I am. I'm just goin through shit right na."

I cupped my hands around his face and came closer to him.

"What's wrong baby? Hm? Talk to me please."

"Nothing wrong mane it's jus my mama."

"What about her?"

"She just, Damn." He let out a breath of irritation.

I knew he hated sharing his life problems with me. It's something that was impossible for him to do. He was the one that made everybody feel better so when it was time for his turn he never wanted to let anything out and I can say I was the same way.

However I just wanted to love my baby and console him and make sure he was okay. He never wanted to tell me what was wrong. I never really asked him either and that's where I feel horrible at.