Ch.11

August in the cover photo

Brooklyn

It has been a few weeks since we got home and since someone left a note on our door. I haven't been thinking about it to much. I've been adjusting to being at school all the time. August basically dropped his Walmart Job and Works At his business with weed Full time now. If someone wants him to make a sale he will do it if anyone else won't that works with him which causes him to leave me sometimes. Our money was good though and we were gonna look at houses soon but he wanted to make sure the person who Left the note was dead before making any more sudden moves. Today he was at the trap while I went over jasmines for a little.

"So what are you guys gonna do?"

"I mean until we find out who left that note we basically will be living at the hotel soon."

"That really sucks man. I've been having problems too."

"What's up Jas?"

"It's this guy I've been seeing and he's just so perfect but I keep messing things up like I don't be knowing what to say and stuff. It just sucks."

"Well baby girl if you really like him you wouldn't be so scared to open up. Be yourself it will all work out." I said with a smile.

"And also I've been Nervous about something as well.." I said tucking a piece of my loose hair behind my ear.

"What?"

"I've missed my period."

She gasped and covered her mouth with her hands.

"How many days late?!"

"10."

"Have you told August?"

"No.. I'm just now noticing. With everything going with my family and This note that we got received I've just been over the edge. My mom has been blowing up my phone I just want peace. I noticed today though and I don't know if I should tell him."

"Well let's go get some tests." She said with a warm look.

Getting up we went to CVS and got five tests. A kid is not no where in my plan right now. I just want to make sure my kid has a stable life and right now I have no room to give my kid that. With August selling drugs he could leave me at any given moment and I'm not working. I just want us to be married with a happy home and money flowing from the both of us. So nervous was a understatement. 

Getting back to her house I peed in a plastic cup and I dipped all the tests in there. I waited 10 minuets but in the process of waiting I got a message from August.

Babyboy💙🔐: Hey lil mama I'm thinkin bout u. I'm tearing dat shit up on sight 😂😂 -3:45pm

ME: your so silly lmao😂 I'm thinking about you too. -3:47pm

As soon as he texted me back My alarm went off letting me know the tests results where In. I told jasmine that I wanted to be alone when I read these because I just did.

They all read Positive.

Feeling the tears began to form in my eyes my legs began to shake uncontrollably. I didn't know what to do at this moment. This was the time I would call my mom or something but I couldn't even do that. I wasn't sure how August was gonna even react honestly. Heading out the bathroom I'm guessing the look that was on my face told jasmine everything she needed to know. She grasped me into her arms as we both began to cry.

"It's okay baby. It's a little set back but it's nothing you can't come back from." She whispered in my ear.

A few hours later I decided to head home and get dinner started. I cooked broccoli and cheese and steak and baked potatoes with sour cream, cheese, and bacon bits and a side salad. August's favorite meal besides Jimbaliya.