30.2

I'm so sorry for the late update. Excuse any mistakes. Adrian in the mm.

Calabasas, California
Same morning

"We know the road to freedom has always been stalked by death."

Angela Davis

"Why are you quiet?" Adrian stops eating his food and looks at Nia.

Nia looks up from picking at her eggs, and gives him a small smile. "Just thinking."

"Well just because you got a lil boyfriend or whatever doesn't stop me from being your best friend. Talk to me."

    Adrian puts down his fork and gives Nia all of his attention. Nia looks at him, then sits back. "Uncle Amir is back."

Adrian shrugs. "And? Ain't you glad?"

    Nia nods. "I'm just so mad at him. Not even the fact that he cheated. Sure I'm disappointed, but I fought so hard for him."

"He let you down?"

   "Precisely." Nia nods again. "Yes."

"Unc is human baby girl." Adrian says. "Shit, I know I disappointed you a few times myself. What makes him different from me? The fact that he's your uncle?"

  Nia thinks about it, unsure of how to answer the question. She really hadn't thought of it like that.

Maybe she did hold certain people in high regard. But it was definitely not on purpose.

   Adrian lifts his eyebrows, looking at her expectantly. Nia sighs and licks her lips. "I knew his potential. I saw him in a different way. Not the real him."

"Rayne did too. Women tend to do that shit alot. I think y'all need to stop." Adrian says, picking his fork back up and resumes eating. "Y'all just end up hurt in the end."

   "Since when are you a feminist?" Nia jokes.

Adrian shrugs. "Ion know. Savannah got me looking at things differently. I want you to actually meet her."

   Nia lifts up her eyebrow. "Really? Me?"

Adrian nods his head. "Of course. Your opinion means alot to me NiNi. If you don't like her, I'mma definitely look at her differently. You don't dislike alotta people."

    Reaching over, Nia picks up her glass of water and takes a sip before responding. "I don't mind. I kinda already know her from track. You seem to like her alot."

"This is gonna sound cheesy." Adrian looks at her.

   "What?"

Adrian wipes his hands with a napkin. "She reminds me of you."

    Nia looks at him. "And that means what?"

"You not like a sister to me because that'll be weird as hell. I can't really describe it." He sighs softly. "You're like a romantic partner, but you also can be a non romantic, imitate friend. I did have feelings for you. I can't lie, but if it would have went bad, it would have ended our friendship. I would prefer to have your friendship forever over that."

     Nia nods her head. "I can agree. It's not that I couldn't see myself with you. I just hold our friendship so dear to my heart."

"And I just told myself that my girlfriend will have to have some of your qualities. Savannah reminds me of you, but she is still her own person."