Chapter 16: Date With the Sister

Start from the beginning

Kane began to walk away from the car with Pandora in tow. "Kane! I'm sitting in the front!" She tried to get out of his arms with her legs kicking and hands hitting, but was to no avail. Kane sat her on the ground and ran to the car as she tried to quickly follow behind. Kane got in the seat, but before he closed the door Pandora slide inside and sat on his lap. She crossed my arms across my chest, ready for another fight. "Get out," she demanded.

"You think this is a punishment?" Kane had the audacity to question in her ear. Pandora's stubbornness was the only thing that keeping her seated for that long.

"First of all- why are you like this?" she began, "Second of all, if you think you I'll let you stay in the front seat without a fight, you'll experience a long ride," she warned as she repositioned herself to feel like deadweight.

"I'm always down for a long ride," Pandora could hear Kane's smirk and she held her head.

"Stop talking," Pandora ordered, "Bella, can we go?" she practically begged.

"You guys..." Bella groaned as she finally sat down in her seat.

"Are you really staying on my lap?" Kane questioned and Pandora genuinely thought about what she really wanted to do.

Just say no and get off of him.

"Fuck no." I hate myself.

Kane chuckled and Pandora finally had the confidence to turn around to look at him. He licked his lips as he smirked and she absentmindedly bit her lip. "Fine by me, Sweetheart." Pandora huffed as she turned back to the front and crossed her arms. She stewed in annoyance before huffing again.

"Fine," she snapped, "You win this time," she admitted as she finally got off his lap and out the car.

"Don't mind the mess," Bella excused as Pandora went to the backseat and sulked.

And sulk she did all the way until Bella finally dropped Kane off.

"Bye Bell, thanks," Kane said as he got out of the car. He looked at Pandora and she raised an eyebrow. His smirk was devilish, "Maybe I can get my long ride later?" he suggested and ducked out before Pandora could throw a water bottle at his head.

"I hate your brother," Pandora told as she left the backseat. She made herself comfortable in the seat she knew she truly belonged.

"Yeah, don't know what happened with him," Bella sighed as she started her car for the pair to continue to the movie theater. "How's school going?"

"Eh... Homecoming weekend is coming up next week and that's actually fun so..." Pandora shrugged.

"Are you thinking of going with anyone for the dance?"

"Nope, fourth year strong of going to dances by myself," she bragged with a proud smile.

"Really?" Bella exclaimed as she looked from the road to Pandora.

"Yeah, a guy is just gonna drag me down and I'm not with it," she explained with a flip of her hair.

Bella laughed, "True," she agreed. "How about for senior prom at least?"

"If I have a boyfriend by then... yeah, otherwise no. I'll ride solo looking fine as fuck," Pandora said and Bella laughed again.

"See this is why I knew we had to be friends," she told and it was Pandora's turn to laugh. "Seriously though, everyone who Kane messes with is a sourpuss-" Pandora laughed louder.

"Sourpuss?" she repeated in between her laughter. Bella joined me with a chuckle.

"Yes. Sourpusses, all of them," she added, staying by her use of words. "Kane's a sweetheart after you get to know him, you know?"

"No, I don't really because he stole my cheesecake," Pandora lightly argued.

She chuckled, "Okay, never mind, you got me there," she admitted as she pointed to Pandora. "He kinda did fuck you over."

"Trust me, I know," Pandora agreed.

"You guys are kinda frenemies, right?" Bella questioned. Pandora opened her mouth to quickly deny it and correct her. Phoenix had said it, but Pandora hadn't paid much mind. She stopped when she realized that Bella was right.

"Ah shit, you're right," Pandora covered her mouth as the thought settled. "Wow, I don't know how that happened," she marveled.

"You didn't see it? You guys literally spent a whole day hanging out with each other at your place then you came to our place to hang out with him instead of me," Bella reminded. The last part was more on the bitter side.

"Well, yeah, but- yeah," Pandora decided to keep her mouth shut because she had nothing else to say. Bella smirked as she took her eyes off the road and turned to Pandora. "Frenemies," she stated to herself as she looked down in her lap. When she looked up they were in a parking lot.

"Ready, friend?" Bella questioned. "Over your mental break down?"

"And to think, I was thinking of paying half of the parking fee," Pandora huffed as she crossed her arms across her chest.

Bella scoffed as her jaw dropped. "Wow, I thought we were close to being besties, but I guess not," she said as she made a dramatic scene of getting out her car. Pandora laughed as she followed her out. Pandora got her wallet from her bag and grabbed a ten dollar bill.

"Here you go, bestie," she handed the bill to Bella. She chuckled as she accepted it. She hooked her arm in Pandora's arm and the pair began their way to the theater.

🌻
I'm soo sorry. This chapter really took me a long time. It's not even that good but the ones coming next are gonna be better, I promise. I've been working on other books I have yet to publish but I promise I'm gonna get back into it.
Hope y'all enjoyed
Vote
Comment
Follow
Temporary Riddance