22

I lay there on my bed just wondering how everything could be fine but fall apart. Kaycee walks into my room. She sits next to me. I sit up. "Hey, you okay?" she asks. "Yeah," I lie. Kaycee sighs. "No you're not. And it's okay," Kaycee says. "You don't have to be perfect all the time, Leah. People expect a lot out of you but you don't have to live up to their standards. I understand, being a teenager is hard but you can do it. You don't have to be this fake. Just be you. And always remember that you have me and Harvs and Audra. And Mom and Morgan." I nod and give Kaycee a hug. She's right but it's hard for me to not be so perfect. People expect a lot out of me and it's killing me. I can't be Leah Callisto, the girl who's taking over the world with beauty, confidence, and style. Because the truth is, I'm insecure. I hide my flaws with makeup, cute hairstyles, a fake smile. I miss being with Zach. All the laughter. When Taylor, Audra, and I would hangout and be idiots for fun. Harvey's amazing but sometimes I think back to when times were good. I'm tripping over my own two feet. I'm falling apart slowly. My dad's in jail, my best friend is struggling with her life, and I'm dealing with self image. Life is tough sometimes. "I know but it's getting harder," I sigh. Kaycee gives me a tight hug.  "It's okay. You're a Callisto. We're strong, beautiful, and bold. We're not perfect. We all fuck up sometimes but we're human. And we all make mistakes, Leah. You don't have to be 100% perfect, okay?" she says. I nod and cry a little on her shoulder. "I love you Leah," Kaycee whispers in my ear. "I love you too," I say.

@kaycalli

@kaycalli: This is my beautiful 17 year old sister, Leah Callisto

@kaycalli: This is my beautiful 17 year old sister, Leah Callisto. She has been the light of my life since the day we met. Yes, I was adopted into her family when I myself was 17. We both came from not so beautiful pasts. Sometimes the past comes back to bite us both. But luckily, there was light through our tradgedy.