11

"Hey Leah, I was wondering if you wanted to come with me and meet my friends?" Zach suggests. He's laying next to me playing with my hair. "Sure, and then we'll come back in time for dinner? Morgan's making his famous chili dogs. They're really good," I say. "Of course. That sounds good. Just let me go call them and see if it's okay," Zach says. I nod and turn off Netflix. Kaycee walks in. "So, how was your little Netflix party?" she asks. "It was good. He wants me to meet his friends and he went to go call them," I say. "Nice. I just wanted to talk to you about everything," Kaycee says. "Like what?" I ask. "About how you and Harvey are still in love," Kaycee says. My eyes widen as I realize my mistakes. "You're wrong. I don't love him anymore," I lie. "Leah, I've been your stepsister for years. I obviously know," Kaycee says. "Okay fine. But can you blame me? He was the only one I ever knew," I say. "Do you still have feelings for him?" Kaycee asks. "I don't know. And I wouldn't want to get with him again," I say. Zach walks into the room. "The guys said we can come over," he says. I nod and take his hand. "This conversation will continue later," Kaycee says. I nod. We get in Zach's car and drive to an apartment complex. "This is where I live along with my friends," he says. We meet his friends in a small restaurant near the complex. "So, who's the girl?" blonde boy asks. "This is my stunning girlfriend, Leah Callisto," Zach says. "Oh I know her" Jack says. "I'm Daniel," a guy says. "I'm Jonah," another says. "I'm Corbyn," blondie says. "And we're Why Don't We," the guys say together. "Wait...what?" I ask. "We're a band," Zach says. "Yeah, I'm going home this shit is crazy," I say. Zach grabs my hand. I turn around. "Baby, don't go," he says. "Why? You're famous!" I say. "Because. I love you," Zach says. "Really? Publicity?" I ask. "No, publicity doesn't matter," Zach says. "All that matters is us right now." I smile at his amazing words. I jump into his arms and hold on tightly. All I'm worried about is what if something happens? The tabloids and fans will go crazy. Zach kisses my forehead. We all play board games and have fun until it's time to leave. We head back into the house in time for dinner.

"So, before we eat dinner, I think there's something that I need to say right now," Morgan says. He walks up to Mom and holds both of her hands. "Sydney Callisto, these past few years with you and Leah have been absolutely amazing. I wouldn't ever trade them for the world. You make me so damn happy and I love you. I've been dreaming about this moment since the first year we were together. I never had the guts or right words. But now, here I am. A stronger man, a father figure, and Leah's 'dad' all thanks to you. Here we stand, madly in love with two daughters, Leah and Kaycee. I love our family but there's one thing missing... Sydney Marisa Callisto, will you do me the honor of being my wife and marry me?" Morgan asks. Zach and I hold hands as I start to cry. A tear falls from Mom's eyes. "Yes," she says. Morgan places the ring on her finger and we all cheer and clap. I walk up to Mom and Morgan and hug them. "I love you both so much," I say. 

@leahcalli

@leahcalli: Morgan @moretogain has been with our family for almost 3 years

@leahcalli: Morgan @moretogain has been with our family for almost 3 years. Today, he confessed his love for Sydney (my mom) @callimom and they are now engaged. Words cannot describe how blessed I am to have a wonderful father figure in my life. And my stunning mom, has finally found happiness with her life. And then Kaycee @kayycalli, my amazing older sister who loves me no matter what. Put us all together, you get family.