1

I wake up after a good night's rest. I feel like a million bucks right now because Mom and I finally finished buying our new place in Los Angeles, Cali. We need to buy furniture and a few other things. I still miss Houston sometimes. Of course, my old hometown, Houton, Texas is nothing compared to California. California has much more to offer and living here can jumpstart some kind of career. I head into my bathroom which connects to my bedroom and smile at myself in the mirror. I quickly head into my closet and find a super cute outfit for today. I then head back into the bathroom to do my hair and makeup. I'm finally ready for my first day in Los Angeles. "Good morning, Mom," I say smiling ear to ear. "Morning baby, how did you sleep?" Mom asks. "Amazingly. Today is going to be perfect," I say smiling even wider. "Glad to hear you say that. You feeling okay?" Mom asks. "It's different but it can be a good kind of different," I say. Mom hugs me close to her. "Just know that everything happens for a reason, okay? I don't want you to be sad about the situation," she says. I nod. "I'll be okay," I promise her. "Of course you will. You're Leah Michelle Callisto, my little angelic soldier," Mom smiles. I hug her tightly. "I love you, Mom," I say. "I love you too sweetheart," Mom says. I sit at the counter and eat my breakfast. Once finished, I grab my bowl, throw it in the sink and hug my mom again. "See you after the meetings," I say. "Bye sweetie, stay safe and text me," Mom calls after me. I grab the keys to my white Jeep and head out the door. The first stop is a counselor. I have anxiety so I need someone to help me cope. Ever since what happened, I've been unsteady and I already had anxiety but this isn't manageable. I walk into the counseling place. "Hi, how can we help you today?" the receptionist says. "Hi, I'm Leah Calliso, I'm here to see Anne Walker?" I say. "Okay, please wait over there and Ms. Walker will be with you shortly," the receptionist says. I nod and sit in the waiting room. 20 minutes pass and my name is called. I walk back to a room with the counselor.  She has me sit on a comfortable blue couch. "How are you doing today, Ms. Callisto?" the counselor says. "I'm doing well, Ms. Walker but everything is different," I say. "You can call me Anne by the way and what's wrong honey?" Anne asks. "We just moved to Los Angeles from Houston and I'm trying to get used to things. I had an anxiety attack last night and it was scary. I don't know what to do," I say. "Have you considered a therapy dog?" Anne asks. "N-no," I say. "Hmm...well here's a business card for a place I definitely recommend for you," Anne says. I take the business card and thank her before heading out. I drive to Starbucks to grab myself a drink before I go pick up Mom. I walk in and order myself a strawberry honey blossom drink. "Nice choice. That's my personal favorite to be honest," the Starbucks barista laughs. "It's my favorite too!" I say laughing. "Where you from?" the barista asks. "Houston, Texas," I say with a smile. "Dallas" the barista smiles. "Wow, that's an amazing place," I say. "Yeah? I've been to Houston a few times," the barista says. I nod. He hands me my drinks (I bought a pink drink for Mom). "My name's Zach," he says. "Mine is Leah," I say. "By the way, I wrote my number on your receipt," Zach says. I laugh and walk out. I take a quick photo of the drink.

I drive back to our house and quickly text Mom to come outside

I drive back to our house and quickly text Mom to come outside. She walks out the front door and gets in the passenger side of the car. "So, what did you get?" Mom asks. "Well, I got a card from the counselor saying I should get a dog," I say. Mom laughs. "I meant from Starbucks," she says. "Oh, I got you the pink drink and a strawberry honey blossom drink for myself," I say. "Sounds wonderful. So, where to first?" Mom asks. "Well, you can't have a house with no furniture!" I say. I set my drink in the cupholder and drive to a furniture store. I find the cutest couch ever. I then pick out a bed, dresser, nightstands, etc. We head to the next store for more decorations. I throw a cute comforter, pillows, mirror, and more accessories into the carts. We check out and our total was $1,500. "Okay. I know you have a good amount of clothing but I feel like you deserve the world and I want to give you more clothes so we're heading to clothing stores!" Mom says happily. "Aww thank you mom. I love you so much and I don't know what life would be like if you didn't save me from hell," I say. "I love you even more baby. I know life was horrible before now. And now that we have each other, my life is complete," Mom smiles. We head to Forever 21 and several other stores. "Thank you!" I say hugging Mom. "Now, I think we should buy you some makeup for your vanity," Mom says. My eyes widen. "No way, you're literally the best mother ever," I say. I hug Mom as tight as possible. We head into Sephora. I pick out everything I want. Mom smiles as she watches me pick out makeup. I head to check out and pull out my Beauty Insider card. I pay for part of the makeup but my mom steps in and pays for the rest. I hug her. "I love you," Mom says. "I love you too," I say. We walk out together. We drive back home to set up our house.