chapter 25

Phil's POV

It's been two years that Dan and I have been together. Over these two years a lot has happened.

We had Nans funeral in the place she always wanted, London. It was lovely and I know she is watching us to this day. Someone we least expected showed. We were all very shocked. But this is how it went.

Nan's funeral, Phil's POV

Dan and I went up to the coffin after everyone who already paid their respects. Hand in hand we cried over her white coffin with blue flowers. She always liked that coffee mug she had so we had to get a coffin like it.

When Dan and I stood up from being on our knees. We backed up as the giant machine was going to pick up the coffin and place it into the large hole in the ground. We heard a deep voice, familiar to us both.

"Wait! Please!" The deep voice called out as the very familiar man in a tux came running down to the coffin in front of us.

He looked at both of us and fell to his knees at the coffin
"I love you. I always did. I always will. Thank you Grace for the amazing life you shared with me and as me. Until we meet again, I'm sorry." He gently kissed the coffin and walked up to us who were still hand in hand.

"Dad?" Dan asked looking shocked at the man who stood in front of them.
He gave a weak smile "Hey son."
"What are you doing here?" Dan asked stepping back as if he was scared. I squeezed his hand reassuring him that this man was not going to hurt him, especially not in front of me.

"I'm a year sober now Daniel. After you left I realized I have nothing but alcohol. And that wasn't good. When grace died I felt it. I had to come where she talked about being buried since our switch." He explained his eyes focused on Dan.

"Okay. You can go now." Dan said trying to avoid eye contact. His dads eyes locked on me. He eyed me up and down.

"You must be the man who switched with my son." He said staring at me.
I nodded and stepped closer to him shoving Dan behind me in case I was hit by him.

He put his hand out in front of him offering to shake mine. I looked confused down at his hand and took it in mine.

"I'm Dan's dad. You've met me but not as yourself. What's your name?" He asked shaking my hand.

"Phil. Phil Lester." I said letting go of his hand.

He shot me a smile and looked at Dan who was walking from behind me to my side.
"Dad, I thought you hated me and my choices."
His dad lifted his hand to fix Dans hair but Dan flinched and he put his hand down stepping back.

"I was a drunk. I'm sober now and I'm willing to do anything to be back in your life." He said.
Dan shook his head "not so soon. You made my life the most miserable life a kid can have." Dan said tears drowning his cheeks.

I squeezed Dans hand making him calm his breathing. "Yes Dan I know. And I apologize from the bottom of my heart." The man said stepping closer to my crying lover.

I stepped in front of his dad making him back up.
"Listen Daniel, you have my number. Call me when you need me and I'll be there. I'm a changed man. Please. Give me a call once in a while." His dad said walking past me and leaving the graveyard.

I turned back at Dan who was slowing his breathing down
"Its okay Love." I pulled him into a hug he put his head in my chest muffling his loud cries.

"Nan doesn't want that." I said wiping his tears.
He nodded and we watched the coffin be put into the ground.

Zoe, Alfie, Chris, Pj, Felix, Marzia, Joey, Daniel, Louise, Jim, even Mark and his girlfriend Amy all attended Nan's funeral. We all car pooled and went to eat at a breakfast restaurant afterwards.

Present day. Phil's POV
His dad showed up! So Dans been keeping touch with him and he is a better man who supports both Dan and I. He's also saying we need to adopt a child. I'm thinking about it.

After the funeral Dan kept his promise that he made with Nan. The three bedroom apartment that Alfie, Zoe and Dan stayed in is now a full house.

One room for Zoe and Alfie, Another for Dan and I , and the last one went to Chris and Pj. Ever since then we've all only become closer than ever.

I wouldn't change anything.

Zoe and Alfie finally got married after years of dating! Dan and I were the best men. And Louise and Marzia were Maid of honors. The wedding colors were gold and black, very pretty choices.

Also, Chris and Pj are engaged after knowing each other since primary school. Even though they were only dating for almost three years, being in love without knowing the other one was is a lot. Of course Pj proposed to Chris. We helped plan the proposal too.

Pj wanted it to be back in Cheshire where we grew up. So we made up a secondary school reunion and went to Cheshire for Pj to propose in the front of the school. It was great visiting the town again too.

We have a three couple date night almost every night now. It's fun we go almost everywhere from restaurants and cinemas to amusement parks and big things.

We began to all do YouTube videos growing fast. It's fun! And all the fans are so supportive.

Longer in the future Phil's POV

So now it's been about nine years since Dan and I met. We're married now with two kids!
Grace and Dil howlter!
We named our son Dil because it was our names combined and he's the first kid we adopted. He's now five years old.
Grace was named that name for Nan. She's three now.

I proposed at a YouTube convention called Vidcon in front of everyone! I was very Nervous.
The wedding was great the colors were pastel blue and black. Can you tell we had to agree?

Anyways now we're a happy family of four in our own home but our neighbors are the best!

Alfie and Zoe who also have three kids called Sophie who's the oldest she's ten, Joel who's middle child and is eight, and a one year old called Parker they live on the right side of our house and of course they are a straight couple so they didn't adopt.

Chris and Pj who have one kid called Hunter he's ten like Sophie. They live on the left side .
We all decided since our families were growing we had to split and move next door! So everything is going great.

All six of the kids love to hangout together and love to hear the story of how Dan and I met.

I smile with my family because Nan wanted it.

>>
Hey!
Love you !
- fire susan