(9)

Lola, a sweet little Asian who wore bright ribbons in her pin straight hair and winced at the sound of a curse word or sexual innuendo, was the epitome of innocence.

I'd once told her that she had a nice rack at a school swim sports and she cried, which made me feel like the biggest asshole on the planet. The point is, her idea of a cat fight is a little exaggerated.

Flynn, Amalia, Lola and I pushed through the crowd in the living area until we found the dispute. Music served to drown out Reece who was obviously screaming at my sister but no fists were being thrown.

Tanner and Milly flanked my little sister who made me laugh with her blatant boredom. If anything was going to piss Reece off more, it was being disregarded.

I stood beside Abby and looked at Reece. "What are you squawking about?"

"She's packing a tantrum because she started chatting up Tanner while I was fixing Lola's hair and I told her to jog on."

Reece took a step towards me and began to shout. The amount of alcohol on her breath could get me pissed from where I stood. "Your family fucks me off so much!" She jabbed her finger at me. I couldn't stand her lack of personal boundaries.

"Don't talk about my family like that," Abby went to step forward but I raised an arm and kept her where she was.

We didn't need to end up online in the middle of a brawl. As much as I did want to let her go for it, that was press we didn't need.

She didn't push me on it. She would've been thinking the same thing I was.

"We're going now," I told Reece and peered over to find Amalia still beside me.

She was watching the red head with disdain. I couldn't blame her. Reece was a headache in the form of a person. The entire time we'd stood here she had been slurring insults and stomping her foot.

"You should have a glass of water."

"You should get fucked," she retorted, swaying where she stood.

People nearest to us were watching, no doubt hoping that something would happen but I sighed and rolled my eyes while she went off the deep end. "You're a man whore and I dunno what the fuck miss Spanish girl over there sees in you. He's an asshole sweetheart. Don't bother with him. Whore sister. Piece of fucking shit, Lucas—"

She raised her hand and swung out. I fully expected her palm to connect with my face but the sound of skin slapping skin didn't accompany a harsh sting.

Instead it came from Amalia catching her wrist and holding it a few inches from my cheek.

Reece stumbled and scowled as she ripped her wrist from Amalia's grasp.

I watched the beautiful girl beside me and had the overwhelming urge to kiss the fuck out of her.

But I didn't even get the chance to thank her before I felt Abby pushing past me.

"You don't even— you don't do that!" She shouted and grabbed a fistful of Reece's hair. "I'm the only bitch that gets to hit him."

She raised her knee and pushed Reece's face down into her leg. A move Dad had shown her when she was seven and some girl stabbed her hand with a pencil at school.

Chaos broke the fuck out.

I felt the pressure of a crowd forming around us, pushing to get a view of Abby and Reece clawing at each other.

I ran forward, grabbing my sister around the waist and dragged her backwards. She gave Reece another closed fist smack around the face before I could pull her out of arms reach.