Who knows what the fuck Tanner was doing. I couldn't see him and as much as I didn't like him, I thought he might have been useful in subduing my volatile sister.

Even Flynn just stood tall in the background, watching with a scandalous expression.

Reece composed herself and ran at us. I turned around so she couldn't hit Abby and copped a fist in the back of my head.

It didn't hurt but I was yanked backwards and heard Abby cursing and grabbing her head because Reece had a fistful of my sister's hair. She pulled it over my shoulder and I stumbled backwards.

The tugging stopped and I turned around to see Reece being pummelled by Mills. Red hair and pale skin tumbled around on the ground.

"Mills," I shouted. "Come on, damn it."

I gave Abby a strong shove at Flynn and he caught her with alarm. "Don't let her go," I ordered.

Milly was straddling Reece when I turned around, her hair a mess and and her fists swinging.

"The girls have gone wild," I shouted, quoting Mean Girls as I grabbed her around the waist and hauled her backward.

Amalia stood on Reece's stomach with one foot to keep her on the ground.

"Where is she!?" Ingrid appeared between a bunch of students who were, of course, filming the scene in front of them. "Get the fuck out. Bitch. I'm gonna fuck your Dad."

What.

She marched over to where Reece was still struggling against Amalia and dragged her off the floor towards the front door.

The crowd dispersed and I watched a few of the phones with a twist in my gut.

Wasn't shit I could do about it now though.

Milly was still flush against my chest, so I let her go and laughed while she smoothed down her hair.

"You've got—" I reached out and wiped a smear of blood from under her nose and she slapped my hand.

"What?"

"I had that," she stuck out her tongue.

"Ugh you're welcome," I shove her in the shoulder and Amalia comes to stand beside me.

"Damn," I grabbed her arm and looked closer at the scratch marks. "What happened?"

"She scratched when I was helping Ingrid push her outside," she shrugs, "no big deal."

"What about you," I turned to Abby who was restlessly moving from foot to foot while she talked to Milly and Lola.

The three of them were wound up but Lola looked more petrified than pissed off. That was when I noticed Tanner coming through the living room with an ice pack.

"Abby," I said. "You alright?"

She looked at me and nodded. "Mhmm. Yeah bitch just ripped a handful of my hair out."

"Need this?" Tanner handed her the frozen pad of gel and smiled as though he had saved the situation. "Figured it might help."

"Help with what?" I stared at him and put an arm around Amalia's shoulder. She settled in and damn did she feel good beside me. "You were no fucking good by the way."

Abby back handed me across the chest.

"What was I supposed to do?" Tanner asked. "It seemed like you had it covered. More people just meant less space. It seeded pointless to get in the way."

Fucking logical cunt.

"I'm going to get another drink," Abby said. She pulled me into a quick hug. Which surprised me. Even more surprising was when she said, "love you Lukey."