Chapter 46

M A N I K :

There are 7 deadly sins and you surely stumble upon the fourth circle of hell the moment you've tasted each of them.

1. P r i d e

2. L u s t

3. E n v y

4. G u i l t

5. G l u t t o n y

6. S l o t h, and

7. W r a t h

And, I'm pretty much sure I've humanised each one of them.

Sure, I heard the dark sky grumble as I set my foot out the backseat of my car and a bodyguard rushed to save me from tripping over. It sure was going to rain and flood the city soon. But what more ridiculous was for a seventeen year old lad to afford three bodyguards which might cost one middle class man a lifetime's savings to indulge in such a thing but being the son of a filthy rich actor and soon to be Home Minister, I hardly doubt the expenses were even accounted.

I gave the bodyguard a sharp vexed glare without trying to ease my clenched jaw, "Get your poverty-stricken hand off my body." I chewed the words out through my gritted teeth and it took him a second to step away.

Seconds later, I stumbled again on the clean concreted street that led me and I took pride in the fact that I was insanely intoxicated for this situation. Putting my sunglasses on, I dashed a cigarette in between my lips making sure I carried the silvery container of benzos in my pocket; the one dose of which I very much needed to tolerate all that would be happening before my eyes.

My unsteady steps made no effort in becoming socially sober as I encouraged all sorts of whispers on those vile lips that casted me as the protagonist. An antagonist, to be correct. So called men and women of higher ranking dressed in their black outfits with talks of sympathy and expensive makeup raping their faces found me arriving in my creased dark blue outfit which was of no match to their big-budgeted designed apparels. It reminded me of the game 'Chinese Whisper' where we utter a word and it travels the path of several ears and ultimately, when revealed, it's totally something improvised. Rumours are a perfect example of one such game with the only difference being when it came to me, they were all true.

Everyone could hear the sky roar outside and it was giving a feeling of ten in the night at four in the evening. Everything was darker and getting darker just like my soul and thought process. But one thing for sure, even the roaring skies couldn't deafen the pricking whispers about me and they died the second I casted my glance upon them through my concealed eyes.

"God, Manik has really showed up!"

"I know.. Doesn't he have a little bit of shame in his body?"

"But you can't deny that he's looking so smoking hot."

"But, wasn't Manik arrested?"

"Yes Mrs.Dixit, he was but when you have a father who has the entire town wrapped around his finger, you can hardly expect his son to rot in jail no matter how monstrous he is."

....

"Hailey, stop drooling over that criminal!"

....