Chapter 29

R A N D H I R:

There was everything else and then there's this girl called Nandini. People out there definitely had been pressing the line of thought that I was some homeless lunatic for the way I rushed on the streets in search of the lady who supposedly became concealed from everybody's sight. God knows that I searched even at places she'd no chance being but to my disappointment, she was nowhere. When reached Maddy's place with all determination of finding her there, I found that bastard to be partying being a drunken ass. Where are you Nandini? Tired and defeated, I came to her apartment and finding it locked, I decided to wait there on her staircase for a little more time until the Sun properly rises up and then could move to the police. Every cell in my body felt worn out but there was that trepidation that kept glimmering like that last flame of a candle on a windy night.

N A N D I N I:

I sprinted up on the stairs cursing myself mentally at the choice of not getting any sleep the whole night. Movie marathon with your close friend could sometimes earn you dark circles, soreness in voice, drowsiness and yeah... a good scold from your boss too.

Moving all my thick hair on left shoulder, my fingers rummaged the sling bag on right shoulder for the annoying little key which always took me forever to be discovered. Ugh! In the hurry and happiness of having laid my fingers on that little bitch, I dropped the key labelling myself the messiest girl on planet. Rolling my eyes, as I knelt to pick that damn up, my eyes met Randhir's sleeping frame on the staircase behind with his head tilted to the railing. What is he doing here, I thought.

Tiptoeing the best, I quietly sat beside him trying to figure out his reason for sleeping at my doorstep. Did I mention that he looked extra cute that way when the hairs on his forehead were all messy but without any trace of peace in those closed eyes. He was in the same clothes I met him at the Court but something about him screamed things weren't normal from his end.

"Randhir?" I spoke lowly near his shoulder.

"Randhir??" I nudged him lightly but this probably was the day he slept after selling all his horses. But why did he choose my doorstep?

"OH MY GOD RANDHIR, MADDY BROKE INTO MY HOUSE!!" Literally, I screamed in his ears.

With a quick jerk, he woke up with a pounding heart and petrified eyes. Taking some time to register how I caught him at the edge, he stared blankly at me while I laughed throwing my head back, slapping my thigh.

"Oh my Ayyappa! You...should definitely see that f-face of yours...." I laughed uncontrollably holding my stomach not knowing what expression did he wear.

"Where were you the entire night?" He asked blankly and I choked on my laughter still managing to giggle remembering his face.

"Oops. You sound like a husband who is interrogating his unfaithful wife." Placing hand on my chest, I tried mastering my chortle but to all the fruitlessnesses in the universe, I bursted into a fit of laughter. Again.

"Oh darn, your.. face was so...funny..." Struggle for breath occurred.

Seeing him spend no word out of his deadpan state, I borrowed a little time showing him my index finger to check my wild hysterics.

After a while I spoke "Actually.. after office, Aaliya fell down the stairs and she needed to be taken to the hospital. Good that she didn't get any fracture or anything but she requested me to stay the night with her and I did. God...but...you and your f-face Randhiiirrr..." My 5ft 2 inches frame shook with mirth again.