Chapter 31

N A N D I N I :

Did I yet express how passionately I hate waking up early in the morning? Everyone does I guess; barring some. I do it with all of my heart especially when I'm awoken by a stupid someone buzzing me so early.

My sleeping calmly on my stomach was greatly disadvantageous when it came to discover the ringing goddamned phone but with all the difficulty popping my head out of the duvet, my hunting hand found it sensing from where the vibration was felt. Ugh, I hate applying so much of brain so early!

Not caring to look at the caller, straightaway, I received the call keeping my eyes closed with frowns allover my disturbed face.

"The person you are trying to call is super sleepy, so please dial again when the Sun is properly up." In a hoarse and sleep deprived tone, I snarled.

"Good morning to you too, Ms.Murthy." The phone slipped my hand and my eyes just popped out.

Did I just snap at my boss? Did my boss himself call me?

Call me?

Sitting straight up like a spring, my hands searched for my mobile which I lost inside my large duvet. Damn it. I could hear the caller say something but all I did was panic for being unable to lay my hands on it. Argh.

Finally, like finally when I discovered it, I stuck it to my ear and breathed covering my lips not letting the caller hear anything.

"Yeah. I'm sorry for snapping. It was just... anyway, so you were saying?"

"I was saying look at outside, most of the city is under water due to constant rainfall.." I stumbled while getting out of the duvet during stepping out of the bed and when I pushed the thick curtain covering my bedside window aside, I saw the sky to be devoid of Sun and rains that kept falling without a pause. "Do you think you can manage to come to office today because I'll be taking you to a post production conference then?"

But all that my eyes witnessed was water logged everywhere just right down my complex. Society people who went grocery shopping or something had to pull their bottom clothes up a little  and walk in that dirty water. Ew.

But I wanted to make it to office, maybe, partially because my mind didn't want to throw an opportunity of getting to see my favourite superstar around. And I hoped I'd be able to convince Aaliya to help me.

"Um, y-yes Sir. I'll be at office on time." I expected him to say something but before anything else, even a simple acknowledgement of what I said, I heard the beep tone in response. I gaped at my phone which came back to the usual home screen and sighed.

I examined my call logs but to my dismay, the number was private.

Grey Petals.
11:30am:

I won't blame anyone at office for gawking at me like I belonged to Jupiter because anyone would get that look who enters a polished shiny office totally drenched in rain. Some gossiped about me, some gave that 'pathetic' look while others simply overlooked. Most of the office, I realised, wasn't populated like usual days; granted, they all availed their rainy holidays.

The lift man even threw me a displeased look as I was messing up the dry floor of the elevator. To my escape, I just shrugged giving him an apologetic smile.

I waited for approval from the person on the other side of the door after I knocked and it came quickly.

"No no no. I want the name of that editor right now. He can't just go on writing such things about me." Manik was talking over phone facing the giant window while I soundlessly stood near the table. I shivered a little for I was so disgustingly wet and the air conditioner was making it worse.