Chapter 5

N A N D I N I

I stood stupefied outside the beachfront mansion towering over me as if trying to intimidate the hell out of me. I slowly and carefully stepped onto the stone path laid down repeating every neatly uttered lines in my heart. Before was a black iron gate designed with golden dews. The glorious, magnificent mansion was just few steps away but its palatial glamour already left me in awe. Whispering some prayers to my Lord, I finally found enough courage to ring the bell counting every second before it opened revealing a staff in uniform behind.

When I asked her to inform him about my arrival to have the papers signed, she straightaway suggested me to wait since his boss was swimming at this hour. God! Who swims at 11 in the night?

Blabbering the same thing to her that it would be very late for me to return as I completely stay on the other half of the city, she, reluctantly dialled some number and the conversation ended with 'Okay, Sir. Sure.'.

Well?

What she said next left me baffled as I had to go to the pool area which was upstairs to see him. Not that I did mind seeing him half naked in that pool but keeping my last record with him in mind, it made me doubt every decision.

Beggars can't be choosers and I was no better than a beggar when it came to my greed for Manik Malhotra. Asking staffs at various corners about the direction, as I hit the terrace, quickly, I hid behind a pillar trying to register everything beforehand.

Oh Holy Mother of Lord! What the hell did I now see? Do I complain? No bloody way. This man was perfect from looks to guts and undoubtedly, there was no one in the entire industry to replace him or resist the hotness in the name of Manik Malhotra.

He was soaking into the bluish-greenish water resting muscled arms on both the sides of the edge with a drink in hand. He had this charm where you know, if he would wink, a girl would stop breathing and if he moved a finger, that girl will fall to his feet, gasping. He looked utopian because no way in both the worlds, someone could be that smoking hot. When realised, I was drooling, I shook myself to come out of the dreamland watching him walk up the stairs in his black shorts while the water dribbled down his body making me go breathless. One of the staffs passed him one towel while the other made him wear a black bathrobe. Black was my new favourite. Period.

He looked like a dream in that black bathrobe running fingers through soft wet locks. Wait, am I still breathing? Another staff approached him with a trolley which was stocked with a couple of drinks and they made him a drink of his choice while their boss made himself comfortable on one of the pool chairs engaging to his phone whilst all I kept doing was gawk.

Fanning my sweaty face, I decided to run away but just then..

"Oh you have come!" Shit, he saw me behind the pillar. Not awkward at all.

When I flashed him an awkward smile from behind the pillar, he ignored instead eyeing me the pool chair beside him. Just as he got busy with his phone, I stole the moment to appreciate his flawless features but as he caught me creeping, he nonchalantly waved his hand rolling his eyes as if these kind of reactions were very common to him which it was.

Without blinking I kept melting down like a butter gliding on a hot toast but he picked up a glass from the trolley and held it up in the air. Loosening his fingers, he  let the glass slip and shatter breaking my sweet reverie.