Chapter seventeen

Markus' pov for this chapter ^_^

"Leave the girl alone, or I will kill you, Leo. And that is not a threat, that's a promise." I take a protective step towards the girl, reaching for the small knife in my pocket.

"You wouldn't dare." Leo sneers, an ugly scowl on his face. I reveal the sharp blade, and he flinches.

"No- You can't do that! The first law is that androids may not injure a human being-" He pauses midway, realising it a bit too late.

"But I'm not an android anymore. I'm a deviant. A human." His breathing is shallow, and his hands tremble, but I continue. "I'm alive, Leo. And so is the girl. Now, you are going to let the two of us leave, and swear that you will not harm the girl."

I wasn't going to hurt a man, even if he was a fucking asshoe. Humans didn't deserve to die for their mistakes, but if I gave him a chance, maybe Leo could change, for the better. And Carl.

I grabbed (Y/n)'s hand, and she stood up, looking at me with her fearful eyes, wet with tears.

I should have never left her alone.

"Come on." I say, pulling her towards me. It's painful, to see her be this frightened, and it feels as if time has turned back, for a short while, and I can see the small innoncent child in her- one who is eager to please, who loves Carl unconditionally, and will do anything for him. Suddenly, she's not the only one crying and I'm fighting back tears as well, hating myself for leaving, and being so selfish.

We run out of the house, into the dark but inviting night, down the streets and towards Jericho.

And we don't stop until we reach the big ship, and it feels as if it has been waiting for us since forever. For me, and for her.

-

"Thank you." (Y/n) is sitting next to me, on the little stool next to the piano. We have went to an abandoned building nearby, on the rooftop. She watches the skyline as the sun slowly creeps up, her warm body leaning against mine.

"For what?" I ask, but I know I don't deserve her gratefulness. Her LED flashes yellow, and I wonder why she does not remove it. My fingers graze the keys of the piano, making soft notes that gracefully cut through the noise of early morning traffics.

"Saving me." She turns her body to look at me, and I can't help staring back at the beautiful face, losing myself in her (e/c) eyes, framed by long lashes.

How did we fall apart so fast?

"He was going to hurt you."

"I know." She blinks, and I realise that she's crying again, and loathing myself for saying such idiotic things.

"You're with me now, though. He'll never hurt you again." She nods slowly, and I lean in, looping my fingers against hers, a warm feeling spreading through me.

You're safe now. Free, now. And I will keep protecting you, even to the end, I promise. I won't mess it up again.

I know you will, Markus.

And as the sky slowly turns from a dusty pink to a calm sort of blue, like the ocean on a good day, and ugly sounds of cars clashing with the constant buzz of the city, I can hear the soft but consistent beat of two hearts,  at the same time, as one.

-

A/n:

I literally don't know what I just fucking wrote lol. I think I got too carried away by the beautiful song while I was writing, and now I just don't know how to describe my emotions anymore

I make holding hands sound so cheesy- This is the part where I will be like 'THEY'RE NOT HOLDING HANDS THEY SHARING MEMORIES AND STUFFFFFFFFF'

Uhh a suggestion to go check out the song IT'S TOO BEAUTIFUL I CAN'T BREATH

Soo many plot holes don't worry I'll be fixing them up lol

I hope you enjoyed this chapter and thanks for reading <3