Chapter thirteen

The four of you clambered onto the empty bus, and you took a seat at the front.

Markus didn't give you a single glance as he sat next to North, and you searched your little brown satchel for the hot dogs you stole a few days before, trying to distract yourself.

It was probably nothing, right? His hand touching mine, the way his eyes looked... You took a deep breath and sighed, taking out a soggy bun and tearing it into small pieces.

"Why do you need food?" Simon asked curiously as he settled in the fake leather next to you.

Your mouth was full, so you removed the black hoodie and gestured to the model number next to you.

"Oh, a YK, huh. Wow, so this must be what an adult version of the child android looks like." You almost choked on your bun heaeing his words, and Simon shot an alarmed look, smacking your back vigorously.

"I'm a legal adultish android now, I guess. I don't really know myself, it's kind of funny. I used to just bake muffins and play dolls, but..." You had never really thought about it, what was next, and all the ifs and whys.

Suddenly, you couldn't stop the tears that came easily, as you wondered what you would have been, if Carl had grown tired and threw you away, before you became an adult, or why Cyberlife made you.

"Fuck." You mumbled, your vision blurry and face wet, feeling pathetic.

"Hey, don't cry." Simon searched his pockets desperately for a tissue, but came up with nothing but mothballs. You didn't feel embarassed in front of the blonde robot, though. His voice was soothing, and his eyes were full of empathy and understanding. Finally something different, something that wasn't pity or hate.

"I'm not going to tell you everything will be okay, but I can promise this- you have us. So if you're ever down or done with shit, talk to me." You laughed at how straightforward he sounded, but his face was open and sincere.

"Thank you, Simon."

Then before you could say anything more, he nudged you and winked,"Including your budding romance with Markus. I'm all ears for that."

Hell no.

You flushed, whisper-shouted "I don't have feelings for him!" and praying that Markus was deaf enough to not hear what Simon just said.

Food. Food would shut Simon up.

You split the sausage with him, and the remains of the bun to a rat hiding underneath.

Maybe everything would get better soon.

-

A/n:  Hello everyone! I know I don't usually have author notes in this book, but can we talk about this-

I know!!! When I saw it I went 'kegsosiehosrjskd' and almost dropped my phone (onto the bed but it's still dropping it lmao)

He's so gorgeous and I'm running out of air to breath. I love Connor sfm ;-; (okay, but obviously Markus will always be first)

BRYAN DECHART I'M CRYING HE'S SO CUTE THOUGH

And so down I went, into the rabbit hole

Or as you folks like to call it, google and I found this

But I promise I'll get some Markus images slash memes too okay, (Because I'm a slut for Markus through and through)Well,that just sounded like a Hp reference- Anyone? No? Okay

Well,that just sounded like a Hp reference- Anyone? No? Okay ._.

Bye ^_^