Chapter twelve

There were too many androids to go to Jericho at once. Markus ordered the group to split up, and head to different safe locations, staying low until the police had disperse.

You had went with him, Simon and North towards a secluded street, where the shops were closed and streetlights flickered dimly. Your broken arm was a pain in the ass, and you groaned in pain.

"Fuck it, it's killing me." You winced and Markus paused, turning towards you.

"Give me your arm." He searched through his small bag carefully, and held up a fresh roll of bandage. You stared dumbfounded, mouth wide open.

"What?" He sighed and ignored you, grabbing your arm gently. "This will hurt a bit." North and Simon had stopped midway in their tracks, but were having their own conversation.

As he wrapped your arm up, the thirium had began to stain the white fabric, as well as his fingers. You felt your cheeks burn as he touched you, and hoped that he didn't notice.

"I'll go to the junkyard and search for a replacememt later, but this will do for now."

How does he even remember my model number?

You could tell he was trying to read your mind, and you looked away from his handsome blue green eyes. Shit, since when did he have heterochromia?

You had so many questions for him, but you knew now wasn't the time. The Detroit Police was still hot on your trail, and safe shelter seemed so far away.

"Don't be scared."

"I- I'm not." You bit your lip and blinked away the sudden tears that came.

"We're here for each other now, (Y/n). You don't have to lie to me." Without warning, he took your hands and smiled.

You say that, but where were you when Carl died? When I needed someone to care?

North cleared her throat loudly, and you jumped up in suprise. You didn't realise that Simon and her had been staring, both looking on curiously.

Oh Jericho, does one not have privacy now?

"We should get going, before daylight comes." Simon interjected, jerking his head towards the bus ahead. Somehow, his attempt to clear the awkwardness by changing the subject worked. Markus nodded, and pulled the bag over his shoulders.

"Come on." His voice was monotone, and revealed nothing.

Maybe I was just imagining things.