Chapter sixteen

You couldn't take it anymore. It was three a.m and Jericho never felt so suffocating. The deviants were planning for another peaceful protest, while North was screaming about using violence and weapons, and it didn't help that Jericho was running out of resources.

With every two days, an android would shut down, and the place felt more like a funeral palour than a safe haven. The nightmares were getting worse, and you would wake up with a thin blanket cocooned like a web, trapping you until you couldn't breath.

You slid out of the seat and placed the blanket over the YK 500 you had saved, a sweet boy called Ben. Then, you grabbed a coat and headed out of the ship quietly, towards the city.

There were still stars in the sky, burning dimly like a dying fire, and you passed by little shops pass the streets, admiring how beautiful Detroit was.

If only I could live a different life as a human...

Your LED flashed red as you approached a large house after what seemed like hours, and you took a shaky breath before twisting the cold doorknob, with trembling fingers. You knew what you had to do, but it was still frightening to carry it out.

Open the door, everything will be alright.

You pressed your eyes shut and opened it.

"You stupid bitch. No one askes for you to return."

Shit. You needed to retreat, now. But your feet was frozen to the ground, and you couldn't move.

"I'm so, so sorry, Leo." You closed the door swiftly, and looked at the man before you, lying on the expensive sofa wearing a wrinkled shirt and a broken bottle of wine on the floor, purple pooling from glass shards.

"Are you? Doesn't seem like it, after what you did, leaving me all alone and miserable." His words grew louder, more heated with every second. You knew soon it would get dangerous, but you wanted to- needed to apologise, you needed his forgiveness. If not, the nightmares might never stop.

Leo stood up shakily, balancing himself against the marble table. "Fuckin' bitch, think you're so clever, but look- stupid bitch came back like a dog, saying sorry and beggin' me." He laughed harshly, and you took a nervous step back.

I'm not a dog.

"I'm sorry, Leo. Please forgive me." You whispered, staring at him, but his eyes were empty of pity, and his lips were in a snarl.

Step away, run away, before he does something.

But you needed this, for him to tell you that you was forgiven. Because Carl wouldn't have wanted this, for his son Leo to end up a drunk angry man, and his precious daughter to turned out so bad, an ungrateful child.

You realised you didn't need his forgiveness for you, it was for Carl.

Leo glared at you, taking a step closer. "Get on your knees and beg, stupid piece of plastic. If you want it so badly, beg for it." He spat at you.

Please, no.

I'm not a robot.

For Carl.

One leg fell to the floor, hitting the stray glass from the bottle. You bit your lip, wanting to hold back the agonising scream.

No, no no no no NO NO.

"Other knee, plastic toy." You hesitated for a second, and Leo, driven by a rage of anger, shoved you down.

No.

But your body defied your brain, staying completely still as Leo slowly made his way, dangerously close to you.

A glass shard sparkled in his hand, pressing against Leo's skin, and you shut your eyes, desperate to wipe the image of blood away.

He won't hurt me...

Oh my god. He's going to kill me.

"Now that wasn't so hard, was it?" But before you had the chance to answer, the door swung open, revealing a dark haired android with blue and green eyes.

"What the fu-" Leo dropped the glass, startled.

Markus. When you thought you needed him, but he wasn't there. And now, when you needed him, here.

"Leave the girl alone, or I will kill you, Leo. And that is not a threat, that's a promise."

-

A/n: Heyyyy there ;)

Lol wut anyways I fangirl about DBH so much that my friends literally know what I'm going to say everytime lmao once I was telling this girl 'I'm gonna go home and-" and then she went 'Play detroit become human" with this -_- look on her face (but damn right, I was gonna go home and play DBH)

Also when I talk about how beautiful and sexy Markus is, they're like 'are you okay  I THINK YOU NEED HELP' LOL

What's the most beautiful thing that happened in DBH for you? I think it's this

Hey I have 100 plus screenshots and DBH memes and I'm proud of it