Chapter 7

Chapter 7

I woke up to the heavenly smell of freshly brewed coffee. As I got up my body decided to give me a dreadful display of a cacophony of cracking bones. I grunted, getting to me feet and dragging myself to the bathroom. I had no clue what time it was but it was definitively too early for my taste. I took a long, hot shower to relax my muscles which didn't work because I was a ball of constant stress and angst and slipped into my room to get something to wear before making my way to the front of the house.

"Hello." Alexios greeted me as soon as I entered the kitchen. "How are you feeling?"

I gave him a huff to show him I acknowledged his existence and grabbed the first cup I could get my hands on. I filled it with the black liquid and added 4 pieces of artificial sweetener because I liked my caffeine fix extra sweet before taking a sip. I moaned as soon as it hit my taste buds and leaned against the counter.

"That good, huh?" He laughed.

"It's one of those mornings, where I just want to get married to my coffee. I even walked in here with coffee in mind, thinking about all the ways caffeine makes me feel happier than any person ever could and as if I had my shit together which is obviously a lie and is, I don't know, I don't want to say sad, because it's almost the ideal relationship, but I suppose one could call it somewhat peculiar." I expressed before going back to sipping my coffee in silence.

He smirked and leaned back on the chair. His way too good mood early in the morning irritated me and the fact that he acted as if this was his home set me off further. Or maybe I was just pissed for nothing. He was being very nice to me, very patient and I just needed to find a reason to hate him just like everyone else.

I rummaged through the fridge to find something to eat that I could make with my limited set of cooking skills but had to settle on an apple to avoid burning the house down and I'd rather not ask that smirking bastard for help. I had yet to forgive him for ruining my fridge. I could make my own food, sorta. Kinda. Not really. I sucked.

"Can I ask you something?" I asked, sitting on the other side of the table.

"Sure, go ahead." He responded, setting aside his own food.

"What did Aether do to you?" I basically interrogated him by staring at him and rolling the apple from one hand across the table to the other.

"Nothing." He replied, getting back to eating.

"Ah, no. Don't give me that. I know him. I know what he is capable of. He must have done something." I growled.

"I don't like how you are accusing me of lying. He didn't lay a finger on me." He stated, playing with a piece of egg.

"I don't believe you." I mumbled.

I just couldn't. Aether must have done something. Never in my life did he pass the chance to punish someone who he deemed worthy of chastisement. He enjoyed it way too much and he loved making sure no one would disappoint him again. Be it punishing them or just ripping their head off to be extra sure.

"Good thing reality doesn't bend to your believes. He didn't hurt me." He emphasized. "He wouldn't."

"Why wouldn't he? If not to let out built up frustration he would do it to get back to me." I insisted.

"We have somewhat of a past together." He declared while explaining absolutely nothing.

"Like what?" I questioned, getting annoyed with his vagueness.

"Like none of your business." He returned smugly.

"Don't tell me then. As a matter of fact, don't open up your mouth at all. You can babysit me without talking, preferably without breathing as well." I growled.