Oh, you are,

My shooting star

My shooting star

My shooting star

Sho-oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-ting star

Oh my shooting star

I lock eyes with Cole for the last part and my heart is inexplicably racing as I sing the ending.

It seems I've been stumbling

Stumbling my whole life

Through the dark

I've been searchin'

For somethin' to hold on to

That I haven't found

Til now.

David's clapping brings me out of my reverie and I break my trance away from Cole's eyes. For some reason his eyes seem to be my kryptonite and I don't know why.

When the hour is up, I say goodbye to David, promising to visit soon but not committing to a day. Cole and I go to meet my brothers and other friends in the hall.

"Ara, you are amazing," Cole softly says.

"What? I ask, I heard him, but I'm not sure I heard him right. Cole stops walking and I do too. He pulls us to the side of the hall, his arms holding onto mine. His eyes bare into my soul as he speaks.

"The way you talk to David, the way you sing with so much life, the way you're so passionate about everything you do, the way you're so incredibly selfless - you're amazing, Ara," he says. I immediately blush but can't bring myself to break the gaze.

"Thank you, Cole." I say, not quite sure how to handle the insanely flattering compliment. Before I realize what I'm doing, I hug Cole tightly. He quickly responds and hugs me back. Sparks fly everywhere we touch and I relish the feeling. It's a feeling that feels so good and kinda tickles at the same time.

I'm not sure who, but one of us breaks the hug and slowly walk down the hall in comfortable silence.

When we reach the others, Lucy bounds over to me excitedly.

"Ara!" Lucy exclaims and starts to ramble about what happened with Hayley. Cole reaches over and relieves me from the weight of my guitar which I have strapped to my back. As soon as the guitar is gone, Lucy loops her arm through mine and charges down the hall.

I turn around, while walking and mouth a 'thank you' to Cole. He nods his head in response.

Lucy goes on and on about how Hayley made them all, including Will and Clint, join the tea party. It's actually funny to see Will and Clinton's embarrassed faces.

Lucy is pulling out her phone to show us pictures as we're about to exit the hospital when I hear my name called out.

"Ara! Wait!" We all turn around and I see Amelia scurrying towards us with a bright red dress in her hands.

She huffs as she stops running.

"Whew, I'm so glad I caught you, I was wondering if you're stopping by your parent's apartment anytime today? There's an incoming trauma and even though the apartment's across the street I don't really have much time left before we get flooded with patients," Amelia says. My heart drops to my stomach.

"My parent's apartment?" I ask, incredulously.

"Yeah right across the street it's -," she cuts herself off and her face pales, "wait you didn't know?"