⁅ Chapter Sixteen ⁆

{{BrenDON URIE HAS THE MOST BEAUTIFUL VOICE EVER I ALMOST CRIED I LOVE HIM SO MUCH HES SO CUTEDOXLLSSNXKKDKDKD- is it weird that I want to see brendon dressed up as Connor? Yes?okaysorryI'llleavenow-

Anyway, sorry bout that lol, finally made another chapter ta da. Hope chu all enjoy it yay. :')}}

   "You're off the case." That was the first thing (Y/n)'s hearing processors had picked up on the moment her eyes opened and she came back to reality. Her (H/c) brows furrowed together the moment she heard that, and her (E/c) gaze shifted to look at Connor standing beside her before turning it towards where Hank and Fowler were.
   "The FBI is taking over." There was utter disbelief and a tint of anger on Hank's facial expression, and (Y/n) had the smallest feeling that he may have an outburst any minute.
   "What?... But we're onto something!" Hank seemed the slighest bit frantic with his words, trying to tell Fowler that they could handle the case. It was weird and a bit amusing, seeing as Hank didn't even want anything to do with the case at the very beginning of this all. "We... We just need more time. I'm sure we can-" Fowler raised his hands up in the air, as if to cut Hank off as he began speaking right after.
   "Hank, you don't get it. This isn't just another investigation, it's a fucking civil war! It's out of our hands now..." Fowler explained this, his tone showing he was clearly already fed up with Hank. "We're talking about national security here." It would seem both of the men were getting agitated by one another, the only calm ones in the room being Connor and (Y/n), who were just standing in the background and holding hands.

   "Fuck that! You can't just pull the plug now. Not when we're so close!" Hank's gaze formed into a harsh glare towards Fowler, who gave him expression that showed he wasn't at all pleased with the way Hank was talking back to him.
   "You're always saying you can't stand androids!" Fowler huffed out loudly, his hand making a gesturing motion towards (Y/n)'s direction, her held tilting to the side at the fact that she was somewhat brought into the conversation. Connor simply only ignored the two as he leaned against (Y/n), resting his head on top of hers while he intertwined his fingers with hers. "Jesus, Hank, make up your mind! I thought you'd be happy about this!" The argument still continued anyway, (Y/n) and Connor both out of it completely now.
   "We're about to crack the case!.. I know we can solve it!" There was a bit of desperation in the Lieutenant's voice, mixed with a hint of determination as he stared at Fowler. "For God's sake, Jeffery, can't you back me up this one time?" It seemed as if Fowler were actually taking it into consideration, before his head lowered a bit and he shook his head before lifting it up to meet Hank's gaze once more.
   "There's nothing I can do. You're back on homicide and the android returns to CyberLife." Those words imminent caught Connor's attention, and he tensed up as his posture became as stiff and straight as a pole.
   "Wait, what?" Fowler's gaze now turned to look over at Connor and (Y/n), his gaze not as bad as before but still seeing a glimmer of irritation in his eyes. "She's not going to stay and work with us?..." The brunette flickered his gaze over to look at (Y/n), a pained look in his doe eyes as he moved it back over to Fowler.

   "I'm sorry, Hank, Connor, but it's over." Fowler purposefully dodged Connor's question, since he most likely already knew what the answer was going to be anyway. There was a moment of the silence before Hank stormed out, (Y/n) and Connor following after him in a much more calm and collected manner.

⌜┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈⌝
Hank

-Warm
[ Path unlocked 🔓 ]
⌞┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈ ⌟

⌜┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈ ⌝
Connor

-Lover
⌞ ┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈⌟