Chapter 9: The Haunting Words

Beyond Our Titles (Sequel to The Alpha's Omega) [Boy/Boy]: Chapter 9: The Haunting Words

Lauren's POV

               I stared at the room full of people, my throat closing up at the thought of the approaching ceremony. After sitting on Pyro's question for almost a full week, I had accepted his proposal. I hated leaving Jay and Jacoby but I had to do what was right for my District and with all the impending war news, I thought a little tradition would calm their nerves. Pyro was ecstatic and was more than happy to set everything up himself since I really had no idea what was required at a binding ceremony. It wasn't really the ceremony that bothered me but rather the method that would be used to bond Pyro and my souls together... 

               Pyro skipped into my study, his heeled boots clicking against the stone flooring. I was once again contemplating the rumors and how I could quell the people before an inter-district uprising took place. "Whatcha doing?" He collapsed in the armchair that sat in the corner of the room, a carefully wrapped package sitting on his lap. 

I continued to pace, anxiety licking at every inch of my being. I could feel my peoples' tension and for that, I knew that had to be something I could do to calm them. "The same thing I seem to be doing none stop." 

Pyro was instantly back on his feet, his arms wrapping around my waist and pulling me into him. His nose nudged at the skin of my neck, causing me to shrink back in a fit of giggles. "There's the smile I love." 

"What's that?" My hand rested on the package that Pyro had brought in with him. 

He let go of me and handed it to me, waiting for me to open it before explaining. It contained two knives that resembled that of pottery tools, a dark solution, and a rubbery material that resembled human flesh. "This is to practice for the bonding ceremony." He reached into his pocket and pulled out the outline of a rune, "You have to practice carving this." He handed it to me, my mouth gaping. 

"Where do I have to carve this during the ceremony?" I questioned, terrified of the answer. 

He rubbed at the back of his neck, a slight chuckle playing on his lips. "Normally it's done over your heart but seeing as you have a rune there already and refused to have it removed, it'll be placed over the left shoulder blade." 

"Let me get this straight, I have to carve this into you with these medieval tools and you're going to do the same to me? Are you fucken crazy?!" 

He slightly shrugged and held up his hand, his index finger and thumb about an inch from each other. "A little bit but this is how the binding is done. That's a binding rune and it has to be inflicted by the one you intend to bond with...it's to show how much you really love each other." 

"I do love you...why would I want to intentionally hurt you?" I folded everything back into the package and set it on the old, mahogany desk. 

He grabbed my now empty hands and moved them up and around his neck while his wondered back down. "It's passionate pain Lauren, Demons are turned on by pain inflicted but their lover." With that he began to nibble at my neck, the pain not really registering until a warm liquid began to dribble down my neck. I knew it was blood but I still allowed Pyro to take control, cleaning it off me as if by second nature. "I love you Lauren." 

"I love you too Pyro." I whispered, his hand once again playing with my member, his palm sliding up and down my sensitive cock. A couple of nights ago had been the first sexual encounter I had ever had and while it was not with Jay, Pyro was still pretty nice. He pressed his lips to mine and I allowed it for a minute before pulling away.