Chapter 3: It's Just a Disguise

Beyond Our Titles (Sequel to The Alpha's Omega) [Boy/Boy]: Chapter 3: It's Just a Disguise

Lauren's POV

               I walked the length of my study, my feet wearing a pattern in the rug from where I had been stepping. 

Pyro lay lazily against the mantel, his hands playing with the random trinkets atop it. "Are you just going to pace - you're kind of making me dizzy." 

"Sorry but I have to do something..." I came to a stop as be picked up a historic headgear and preceded to put it on. It covered his face with only two holds for the eyes that had also been blocked out with a sheer fabric. "That's it - Pyro, you're a genius!" 

He dropped it back into it's place. "What did I do?" 

"A mask, the best way to find the Specials is to become a Special but since that is potentially dangerous I can become a Vampire." I smiled at the plan while Pyro frowned. "What?!" I whined. 

"You don't know anything about the Vampire District. What if you get caught?" 

"I won't get caught." I spoke adamantly as I left the room. "I'll just stay on the outer border and out of everyone's way." I sent him a sly smile before running off down the hall. I entered my main study and pulled out a map of the Districts. The Vampire District was smaller than the Demon District but not by much so they would be able to put up a hell of a fight.  

"What are you doing now?" I turned to see Pyro, mask abandoned. 

I laid the map flat on my desk and smoothed out the corners. "I'm studying the geography of this place, the last thing I need is to get lost." I traced a line from the Grand House to the edge of the District then from there to the Vampire District. It wouldn't be far if I flew and I thanked God that I had wings. 

"When are you planning on doing this exactly?" His voice was skeptical but I couldn't blame him. 

I shrugged. "I was kind of hoping tonight...it's barely noon so I'll have enough time." 

Pyro jumped and was at my side within a minute. "Lauren do you hear yourself? You haven't planned or anything." 

"That's the best time." 

"Why?" 

"I grabbed a pencil and lightly traced a path. "That way the Vampires won't expect me coming." 

"What - do you think there's a spy here or something that would spill?" 

I looked at him before continuing what I was doing. "No not at all. Besides I'm only alerting the people I trust at the moment." I felt a little self conscious admitting I trusted him but I did. 

"Aww Lauren trusts me!" He smiled condescendingly. 

I stuck my tongue out at him and quickly pulled it back in when he tried to bite it. "Shut up or I'll take it back." I laughed.  

"Okay okay, what are you trying to do?" He moved to my side and took the pencil from my hand. 

I pulled it back and continued to trace the line. "I'm marking the path I'm going to take..." 

He rolled his eyes and grabbed the pencil again. "First of all there's a mountain range here." He traced a line around a darker patch and reconnected it with the adjoining way. "And there's a lake here." 

"Fine, then you do it Mr. Geography expert." I stubbornly crossed my arms and sat in a nearby chair. 

Pyro chuckled and continued to trace lines with the pencil. I managed to sit by for two minutes before I was jumping out of my seat with boredom. "I'm gonna get started on camouflage, see you in a few minutes."